Does Switching to Test Branch Affect Old Saves?

Hi all, first time poster in here. Let me just say I love ONI. I started playing and couldn't stop (it's almost a problem)! The new changes have me really excited, but I was wondering if I switch to the test branch will my old saves acquire any new issues brought about from the test branch? Would I be able to switch back to a stable branch and continue my old saves without issue? 

Just want to make sure before I dive into the new test content!

Cheers!

6 hours ago, JealousCrow said:

...I was wondering if I switch to the test branch will my old saves acquire any new issues brought about from the test branch? Would I be able to switch back to a stable branch and continue my old saves without issue? 

Loading a Stable save into the Preview branch will work but you will not get any new materials and will have to depend on the printer for seeds/eggs for the new plants/critters. 

Once a save game has been converted to Preview, it cannot be reloaded by Stable so make sure to archive your most recent save before converting so you can go back to it. 

Archived