Cave entrance too close to portal

Would be great if the cave entrance isn't spawned too close cos when a new player joins and it happens to be at dusk or at night the bats will end overwhelming the player and at best ends up taking a chunk of his health and worst case scenario kills the player. I have seen both scenarios and isn't pleasant to be in said player shoes.

30 minutes ago, cezarica said:

Would be great if the cave entrance isn't spawned too close cos when a new player joins and it happens to be at dusk or at night the bats will end overwhelming the player and at best ends up taking a chunk of his health and worst case scenario kills the player. I have seen both scenarios and isn't pleasant to be in said player shoes.

On the other hand, having a cave entrance nearby is pretty useful during summer: It will save you from overheating & allows you to harvest not yet withered Grass Tufts & Saplings.

A short minimum distance might be nice to hit that sweet spot of "close enough to run to when spawning in during summer yet far enough away not to be attacked by bats". However, I must note that the distance bats will follow you once you aggro them is much larger than the distance from which they'll target you to begin with; there's a range at which newly spawned players won't be hit with unprovoked bat attacks but where they can blunder into bat range unknowingly (possibly even blindly if it's full night) and drag the bat swarm back over to the portal.

Archived