Will saved worlds from the beta be compatible with the release build?

So, I've been playing a lot of the beta, and it's been super fun! But only recently I just had the thought about what happens once the update releases on the 20th. I've got some worlds that I'm quite invested in, and it would be a shame if I were to lose them. It should work, considering that the beta and the release will have the same content. How will this work? Will the old worlds replace our beta worlds, or vice versa? Or will both of the world lists combine? (If we have the slots for it, including mods that provide slots I hope).

This is just a bit of a concern for me.

The game keeps beta saves in a separate location from your normal saves. Once it goes live, it's as simple as copy/pasting the beta saves into the normal saves location. You should be able to find both save folders in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Klei

27 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

The game keeps beta saves in a separate location from your normal saves. Once it goes live, it's as simple as copy/pasting the beta saves into the normal saves location. You should be able to find both save folders in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Klei

Ah thanks. The beta saves shouldn't go away once the release happens, right?

Archived