How to Use OGG Vorbis Sound Files from DLC characters?

I wanted to use Wormwood's sound files to do a voice over for a video I wanted to make, but it seems to come in an OGG Vorbis format, whereas the other non-DLC characters are mp3 files. My attempts at loading the files just leads to an error saying "This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt." Looking online wasn't of much help either (Windows is my OS, by the way). 

I don't know what to do from here, so any information would be helpful. Thanks!

1 hour ago, lakhnish said:

I wanted to use Wormwood's sound files to do a voice over for a video I wanted to make, but it seems to come in an OGG Vorbis format, whereas the other non-DLC characters are mp3 files. My attempts at loading the files just leads to an error saying "This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt." Looking online wasn't of much help either (Windows is my OS, by the way). 

I don't know what to do from here, so any information would be helpful. Thanks!

God, this happened to me for some reason with Hamlet characters, it was so infuriating. In the end @Bluegeist was able to help me and provided me with wheeler's sounds, he may be able to help you too.
(also I summon thee bluegeist)

Way ahead of you Omaremad74, I was typing this response as you mentioned me lolz

Starting with Hamlet, Klei changed the way audio was stored(?) so now you get unplayable oggs with an fsb extractor. There was a thread on these forums where someone revealed that you can extract the audio with foobar2000 but unfortunately I can't find the thread. I couldn't remember what it was that made foobar able to open the files and finally I figured it out (i think)!

Basically, you have to download this decoder as well, it allows you to play and extract the sounds: vgmstream decoder

What I do is quick convert the audio in to wavs, then back to oggs with Adapter. I'm sure there's a better way but I know nothing of audio except for this. Hope this helps in some way :ghost:

(also im a she!)

17 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

Basically, you have to download this decoder as well, it allows you to play and extract the sounds: vgmstream decoder

What I do is quick convert the audio in to wavs, then back to oggs with Adapter. I'm sure there's a better way but I know nothing of audio except for this. Hope this helps in some way :ghost:

(also im a she!)

It worked! Thank you very much, cause I never would have figured this out on my own.

Archived