Bug or just bad Control mechanic?

Hi!

I nearly set fire to our ruins base tonight because I was bundle wrapping a bunch of rare gems for transport while holding the star caller staff. What surprised me was that I was in the animation of wrapping and had filled all the slots, so naturally I pressed O to wrap, but instead the wrapping the bundle it cancelled and I unwittingly cast the star caller's spell over our mushroom planters.

We managed to contain the fire and extinguish it, only loosing 2 planters but it was a close call lol.

I guess my question is about priority when using 2 items that both use the same command button. I assumed that since I was in the process of wrapping up a bundle, hitting the circle would finish the current task, not cancel it and activate another.

Is this supposed to be that way, or just another control that did not make the transition to console well?

Thanks for any input :)

PS: It's the same situation for hammers and crock pots. I've almost destroyed a crock pot before simply because I forgot I was holding a hammer so instead of O activating the cooking it caused me to clobber the crock pot. I didn't break it, but I can't figure out why some of these controls work the way they do, the priority given a task seems to be wrong. I would think it would give priority to the current task over other available tasks.

Same thing with a lock target and teleportating the ennemy. Both action are done with "circle". Sadly unlocking has the priority so you cant teleport a locked target on ps4

This is indeed something that isnt alot functionnal and its sad :( i hope they will fix those small bugs link to two different action with the same button requirement.

Another fumble with controls happens when playing as Maxwell. When you have shadow puppets and you go to open a gift you'll often target and hit one of your puppets instead of opening the gift, very annoying. 

Speaking of priority i wish when you fed your birds, the items on the ground would be prioritized over removing the bird, another one that drives me nuts.

11 hours ago, Rogueagent01 said:

Speaking of priority i wish when you fed your birds, the items on the ground would be prioritized over removing the bird, another one that drives me nuts.

Same lol. I am very careful now about picking up eggs :)

i remember when holding a torch had priority to burn crockpot over cooking same with lazy explorer teleportation. they fixed the torch but not sure about teleportation, main reason why i never equip lazy explorer permanently on ps4 

Archived