Tips for surviving on helicona map?

Im working on a base on a custom map with just the starting biome surrounded by space, which by comparison Helonica should be easier than.

A sustainable base really isn't too difficult, honestly - duplicants need oxygen and food, and then you just have to deal with heat. I don't have access to my calculations at the moment, but I believe with mushroom farming you need about one puft per duplicant, and based on some experiments each morb generates a bit more than 20g/s of polluted oxygen, given 6+ spaces to walk.

A puft requires 50g/s of polluted oxygen, and a duplicant 100g/s, so for a smallish base of 8 you would need about 60 morbs, which should be relatively achievable.

After sustainability the goal will likely be to increase puft ranching enough to feed a single pacu so you can breed enough of them to get a decent amount of steel in a timely manner, followed by launching rockets from the bottom of the map for water. The meat from the pacus and water from the rockets should allow you to expand further and do whatever you'd like from there.

On 11/06/2019 at 2:56 AM, mindless null said:

Im working on a base on a custom map with just the starting biome surrounded by space, which by comparison Helonica should be easier than.

A sustainable base really isn't too difficult, honestly - duplicants need oxygen and food, and then you just have to deal with heat. I don't have access to my calculations at the moment, but I believe with mushroom farming you need about one puft per duplicant, and based on some experiments each morb generates a bit more than 20g/s of polluted oxygen, given 6+ spaces to walk.

A puft requires 50g/s of polluted oxygen, and a duplicant 100g/s, so for a smallish base of 8 you would need about 60 morbs, which should be relatively achievable.

After sustainability the goal will likely be to increase puft ranching enough to feed a single pacu so you can breed enough of them to get a decent amount of steel in a timely manner, followed by launching rockets from the bottom of the map for water. The meat from the pacus and water from the rockets should allow you to expand further and do whatever you'd like from there.

Theres no slime biomes on the helicona map so you can't use mushrooms or pufts. It's just the starting biome surrounded by a big ice biome. Then space biome on all 4 sides.

Wild sleets for food, outhouse morbs for oxygen, keep dupe numbers low and heat contained with isolated tiles (possibly 2-layered).

Once you get some pacus printed, you can farm those for infinite food with no maintenance or cost.

6 hours ago, ChickenMadness said:

Theres no slime biomes on the helicona map so you can't use mushrooms or pufts. It's just the starting biome surrounded by a big ice biome. Then space biome on all 4 sides.

The printing pod prints mushroom seeds and pufts, so you should be good.

Archived