It's time to update the HUD

The actual in game HUD seems a little bit outdated, i think it should get an overhaul.

For starters i think it's time we get a mini map, preferably in the top right side of the screen ( where the day clock is currently located )

Also, the health / hunger / sanity HUD should be redone and repositioned in a place where it's easier for the user to check on them.

Here is a poor concept, sorry for my photoshop skills

hudtest.jpg

12 hours ago, Deprecious said:

The actual in game HUD seems a little bit outdated, i think it should get an overhaul.

For starters i think it's time we get a mini map, preferably in the top right side of the screen ( where the day clock is currently located )

Also, the health / hunger / sanity HUD should be redone and repositioned in a place where it's easier for the user to check on them.

Here is a poor concept, sorry for my photoshop skills

hudtest.jpg

why would you want all of your stats to be all over the screen? That makes it so you have to look all of the place to look at multiple things, which is just worse. I do think a official mini map would be nice though.

I didn't say i want all of my stats to be all over the screen, i want all my stats to be in a more visible position, having them above the inventory would be better for the eye, as i said, excuse my photoshop skills, here is a better example of how the player stats could look above the inventory https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=300918311

Not wanna be rude, but this HUD concept as those mod HUDs are horrible. They do not fit DS style at all and they look more like for RPG game.
The only HUD update I would accept would be the colors and borders update, nothing else.

1 hour ago, Deprecious said:

You are missing the point of the concept i gave, it is not an example of how the HUD art should be drawn, but an example of how it could be repositioned 

As I said, the only change to HUD I would accept woulb be changing borders and colors, nothing more. And I was not missing the point, I said it looks horrible and it could be good for an RPG game, not survival game like Don't Starve.

2 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

As I said, the only change to HUD I would accept woulb be changing borders and colors, nothing more. And I was not missing the point, I said it looks horrible and it could be good for an RPG game, not survival game like Don't Starve.

I don't wanna be rude, but I'm starting to feel like i'm talking to a brick wall here, it's not about the how the HUD should look like, but how the HUD could be repositioned better and made more compact..

1 hour ago, Deprecious said:

I don't wanna be rude, but I'm starting to feel like i'm talking to a brick wall here, it's not about the how the HUD should look like, but how the HUD could be repositioned better and made more compact..

AS I SAID IT WOULD MAKE DS LOOK LIKE AN RPG GAME AND I DO NOT WANT ANY CHANGES TO HUD THAT ARE NOT COSMETIC.

14 hours ago, natanstarke said:

Minimap is MUST, no reason to not have it, is so better playing with mini map without constantly having to hit tab, especially in shipwrecked where i cant use minimap at all or the game becomes a crawl even day 1.

No, minimap is not needed. It is training wheel.

14 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

I don't know why people want a minimap so bad. Being able to pause the game and look at the map directly seems a lot better IMO.

its convenient with new worlds to just take a quick glance at your mini map to navigate than to open your map. Really thats all I use it for besides sometimes it just being quicker.

Minimap is also very intensive on systems from what I've read on the mod for it, so if an official minimap likewise meant a cost of any performence at all its an absolute "no" for me.

Archived