Looking for help in coding

Okay, basically what I want to do is make it so that the speed modifiers don't affect or barely affect a character that I have.

I tried this; 

local function onbecamehuman(inst)
    -- Set speed when not a ghost (optional)
    inst.components.locomotor:SetExternalSpeedMultiplier(inst, "crique_speed_mod", .8)

if inst.components.locomotor.speed = < .8 then 
        inst.components.locomotor:SetExternalSpeedMultiplier(inst, "crique_speed_mod", .8)
    end
end

But it didn't really do anything for me. I'm also just trying to understand coding altogether.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

At the moment I've gotten something that feels like progress? 

local function  onload(inst)
    if inst.components.locomotor.speed < .8 then 
end 
end 

You mean you don't want a character to be affected by, say, spider creep right? 

I believe the code you're looking for is simply:

inst.components.locomotor:EnableGroundSpeedMultiplier(false)

8 hours ago, Mr. Tiddles said:

You mean you don't want a character to be affected by, say, spider creep right? 

I believe the code you're looking for is simply:

inst.components.locomotor:EnableGroundSpeedMultiplier(false)

Actually, no, I do want him to be affected by the spider creep. I don't want my character to be affected by the speed nerf that you get when wearing marble armor, piggyback skin, or when carrying suspicious marble or other marble statues. I appreciate the reply, though!

Ah, gotcha! I'll see if there's anything around the equippable function that might shed some light.

EDIT: After looking into it, I realize this is a Together mod? Sadly I can't be much help there, then. At least not at this hour.

33 minutes ago, Mr. Tiddles said:

Ah, gotcha! I'll see if there's anything around the equippable function that might shed some light.

EDIT: After looking into it, I realize this is a Together mod? Sadly I can't be much help there, then. At least not at this hour.

Ah, damn. Well, there's one thing I definitely need help with; My character's name isn't showing up above their head in the game. Do you know how to fix this?

Archived