Boat speed and balance

Since using a bunch of masts has basically become meta, I gotta wonder if Klei meant for it to be this way.

Using a bunch of masts is fine as long as we 

1. Get access to bigger boats

2. Get the ability to properly maintain and repair our boats. 

What do you guys think? Is the tons of mast meta okay? Should it be changed? Should the number of masts be capped?

I definitely think that is just meant to be the ground work as they said for future content so perhaps the boat types we have now are just place holder, the beta is for us eager "Guinea Pigs"  to play around with after all. I have no doubt these things will either be the ground work for bigger vessels or for house boats in due time. If we are lucky they may try to incorporate the housing system like they did in hamlet, or not we shall see.

5 hours ago, Daxterr said:

2. Get the ability to properly maintain and repair our boats. 

This is a bug, you can do this, you just need to have a world without caves, and be the host of the boat.
In the future, you should be able to repair boats with caves, and probably without being the host.

Now, for boats? Skins, and different types are what I'd like.

2 hours ago, ZeRoboButler said:

If we are lucky they may try to incorporate the housing system like they did in hamlet, or not we shall see.

I hate being the downer here, but as people say, it's my job.

I doubt we're getting housing, DS and DST's versions are so different at this point, they're far apart and aren't apply to properly transport something so heavy.
Plus, that's what Hamlet has that's unique. Hamlet is just a ROG reskin with slight edits if housing is taken out of the picture, or in this case being added to the second game.
Plus all the balancing, and functionality of it all would be really confusing. 

It'd be insane if we did get, I'd like that, but I'm doubtful. 
Maybe RoT will bring in content that's just as good.

Archived