New Characters: Where are the disadvantages?!?!?!?!

Well, I would say, that for me any character is fun if it has fun disadvantages. It's two characters was updated and one new was added and they are so boring! As compensation, let's add hardcore character, who got all the disadvantages from every other character.

I know that it's harder to sell hardcore character, but it's worth! It would provide fresh interest to the game: new challenges, speedruns, boss kills and other multimedia on twitch and youtube

Or at least don't forget to add disadvantages to newly added characters :(  - that's the reason why Winona was boring and still boring. Same situation with Willow - bear is amazing, but the gameplay...

20 hours ago, Apchi said:

As compensation, let's add hardcore character, who got all the disadvantages from every other character.

New character: Max stats are 113 sanity, 113 hunger and 50 health. Loses 3 times as much hunger as other characters and can eat only meat. Also, food fills only half of the regular stats. Furthermore, stale and spoiled food gives even less stats. Loses extra sanity and health while cold. The character deals only 75% damage and takes damage from rain. Doesn't give any warnings to the player. Cannot sleep. Needs to keep up the log meter. Turns into werebeaver on full moons, which loses 90 sanity per minute, but gnaws stuff at regular axe/pickaxe/hammer speed. Is a monster and as such, attacked by pigs and bunnymen.

Did I miss something?

... sounds like a fun character...

This is probably better off as a mod. Devs already gave us Wes and I don't think they'd want a character most people will never touch. Unlike say Crypt of the Necrodancer where most characters will never get played by most people.

Archived