Help please, wheezewort gas loss in drywalled room, bug?

As shown in the picture below. The room was filled with 2kg hydrogen, however, after a while, the gases pressure are down, and the wheezewort body part is now vacuum? It is still surrounded by about 600g hydrogen,  but the surrounding hydrogen won't move to the wheezewort occupied tile. Wheezewort in the base are all operating fine. Am I doing something wrong? Help please.

image.thumb.png.3216e740f3c9aeb5c755644b5276d721.png

Let's start with the obvious, which we can't check from the screenshot since we can't see the entire room. Are you sure you have placed a wall on every single cell? Also when dupes enter and exits the room, is there a risk that you will leak hydrogen?

Another thing to check is to pause and then check every single cell for gas pressure. Wheezeworts can act as pumps and if the hydrogen has no way of getting back down, it can actually create a high pressure at the top and vacuum at the floor. I particularly don't like the tile, which makes the room 2 cells tall instead of 3.

If you send your save file I can take a look at it.

The way you find save files for the game if your on Windows would be to go down this file path

C:\Users\"The name of your computer"\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files

Then nab the save file used in this screenshot which would be something like "Acidic Colony.sav" and then just click hereimage.thumb.png.d85c886d50b803571542bdf3349485ac.png

and select that file to upload it.

Make sure to keep that file in the folder however

7 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

Let's start with the obvious, which we can't check from the screenshot since we can't see the entire room. Are you sure you have placed a wall on every single cell? Also when dupes enter and exits the room, is there a risk that you will leak hydrogen?

Another thing to check is to pause and then check every single cell for gas pressure. Wheezeworts can act as pumps and if the hydrogen has no way of getting back down, it can actually create a high pressure at the top and vacuum at the floor. I particularly don't like the tile, which makes the room 2 cells tall instead of 3.

The room is properly sealed. Otherwise there wont be any hydrogen left on the tile next to the wort. The room setup is what I use for all my wort rooms, and those in the colony works just fine. So, I dont know.

7 hours ago, Squeegee said:

If you send your save file I can take a look at it.

The way you find save files for the game if your on Windows would be to go down this file path

C:\Users\"The name of your computer"\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files

Then nab the save file used in this screenshot which would be something like "Acidic Colony.sav" and then just click hereimage.thumb.png.d85c886d50b803571542bdf3349485ac.png

and select that file to upload it.

Make sure to keep that file in the folder however

Thanks for the offer. I have linked a gas vent to the room, and with high pressure, that problem of vacuum is gone. However, I dont know whether it is sucking hydrogen to mysteric nowhere but it would be hard to observe. Time has passed for too long and the old save file is already gone. Cant be bothered to reproduce it as it takes a while. Thank you for the suggestion sincerely though. 

Hi. I can help you with this issue.

If your room has ONLY hydrogen in it, you are not getting gas deletion. What is happening, is, all the wheezeworts are sucking up 1.5 kg from the bottom of the carrot and spitting it back out two tiles above that one second later. They are like little pumps. When you have all your wheezeworts in a row, this can cause the effect you're seeing. To make this matter more obvious, the wheezewort only collects gas from a single tile, not a 5-tile plus shaped area like a gas pump would. To convince yourself i'm right, just look at the pressure above your wheezes. Probably several kg's.

Your wheezes are still moving gas. But, some of them are probably not working at full capacity. You can deal with this in a few ways.

(1) you may spread out your wheezeworts. A single empty column between each pair of columns of wheezeworts usually does the trick. Also leave space around the edges for your gas to circulate back to the bottom.

(2) you may also just keep pumping H2 into your cooling chamber until you have a few kgs of pressure in there. Eventually you will see the wheezeworts "break over" at a point where all of your worts have a readable pressure at their base. This is when you can stop putting more H2 in.

Hope it helps. But please do make sure there isn't a stray packet of O2 or CO2 flopping around in there somewhere.

Archived