A couple of basic modding questions...

So my first question is, where can I find the equivalent "selectscreen_portraits", "_silho" and "original" for characters such as wolfgang, in the game files? Ive only found the "bosses" "anr_silhouettes.tex" file...

Second question, what does even selectscreen_portraits do for a mod??? I see no changes even when I add them in my mod. 

I will have even more modding questions soon.

Edited by NamelessName

I have no idea. Get TEXTool and start looking through the .tex files in "Don't Starve Together\data\images" and "Don't Starve Together\data\databundles\images.zip" and "Don't Starve Together\data\databundles\bigportraits.zip" or whatever.

This is a very specific question, which I think only the developers can answer, unless there's a random modder who has randomly had to find a silhouette file at some point in their life.

11 hours ago, Ultroman said:

I have no idea. Get TEXTool and start looking through the .tex files in "Don't Starve Together\data\images" and "Don't Starve Together\data\databundles\images.zip" and "Don't Starve Together\data\databundles\bigportraits.zip" or whatever.

This is a very specific question, which I think only the developers can answer, unless there's a random modder who has randomly had to find a silhouette file at some point in their life.

Thanks for the answer Ultroman. I did what you asked and there is no such files for any Klei character. This makes me believe Select Screen files are obsolete in DST, something that might have been important in earlier version of DST or just purely DS.
But then why does every single mod have these files prepared? I also see no difference ingame anywhere when I remove the files from my other mods.

1 hour ago, Omaremad74 said:

There are select screen portraits. I would share them but I'm at school rn make sure to check the image folder

I see Avatar portraits, but not select screen with the "black" silhouettes... Maybe when u get home you could share them to me? Or point me to the right .tex file. Cause I cant see it, and ive went through every single file.