How to deal with regolith properly in Q3? (Regolith/Sand deleted when falling onto a horizontal open door)

So ... after a few tests, I figured out that when regolith falls onto a horizontal open door, it simply disappears,
rather than becoming debris.

I'm not sure if this is by design, to reduce CPU usage or something, but now by using the door crusher you lose 100% the renewable regolith. (While by digging you lose 50% the mass.)

By using a series of robo-miner, other problems are introduced. Your bunker doors has to be ≤6 tiles away from the world's top boundary, otherwise the regolith may entomb your robo-miners when the bunker door opens, and the robo-miners can mine up to 6 tiles beneath. And the solar panel could barely fill the power deficit caused by the robo-miners.

98522FC207DE0C75C73DC1DB808765DA.thumb.jpg.10e2212d398a296abb6203751e144979.jpg

Another way is to building robo-miner upside-down, above the bunker doors, covered with bunker tiles.

But that means you might have to build then with thermium because once it breaks from heat, it is a big trouble to repair. (The space is not always perfect vacuum, the meteors brings gas.)

So what to do now? To hire somebody digging regolith all day?

Or do you think the door crusher is an powerful exploit which must be removed?

Q:

22 minutes ago, DreamApart said:

So what to do now? To hire somebody digging regolith all day?

A:

23 minutes ago, DreamApart said:

Your bunker doors has to be ≤6 tiles away from the world's top boundary

5 minutes ago, DreamApart said:

The power cost is still a problem.

Not that much, in reality. If you can manage to have a power bank with at least 10 Batteries linked to Solar Panels and an emergency generator (ie Hydrogen), you can pretty much manage the power cost for half of the surface. Using Buffers and Filters can help not burning all your energy too fast :)

Archived