7 really useful tricks that I would like to share with everyone!

On 22/04/2019 at 7:06 AM, Skrivener said:

There's another one in @Saturnus image - pneumatic doors use 100kg metal ore vs two mesh tiles which use 100 each for 200 total. So if you're short on metal or haven't researched mesh tile yet or want the faster build time use doors, and lock them if needed to prevent dupes climbing over when you stack doors. Just remember that falling material will pass through doors when it wouldn't through mesh tiles.

I believe he's also opened the active pneumatic doors (though this could just be automation) - in many cases setting them to open saves a bit of time as dupes don't have to wait for them to open. It won't disable access permissions to do this (though at one point in development it did).

Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

I tend not to use these if I can get away without, but there's nothing wrong with doing it if you prefer to or need to squeeze every ounce of efficiency from your base.

so the dupes will cook and cook and cook forvever.

On 4/19/2019 at 9:11 PM, Z0366 said:

7. Flat Water airlock

If you leave a gap (or mesh tile) on both side of the water gap, and use any two different liquid to build the airlock(heavier one goes in firstly), it can stand on its own.

Neither gaps nor mesh tiles are necessary. The waterlock will work just fine without them.

(Source: all of my bases)

On 4/20/2019 at 3:56 PM, KittenIsAGeek said:

I watched them flip-flop their way across the room, out the open door, fall down the ladder, then splash into the pool.   I should re-load an old save and see if I can make a gif of their progress.  It was very amusing.

This is so true!  I took 8 as I thought they would turn to meat out of water.  Instead they flopped across the one entire floor, down three floors (19 tiles down) and then across another floor to land in my cool water pool.....  It was very funny because they suspend in the air for a beat or two after flopping into the ladder corridor and sets of 3, 3 and 2 flopped synchronized the whole way.  

Archived