Winter production

DBM

So now that winter is here, I died without getting to experiment as much as I would have liked. Spiders nest got me (much harder now, and better for it). So when its winter, do plants stop growing altogether? Do bees stop producing honey? Do rabbits stop coming from their holes? What do you find useful to stockpile while its summer?

I just hit winter on my world, it's been going for about 2 ingame days, rabbits are still coming out of their holes, a bit too early to tell if bee production is halted/slowed. Farms however seem to have stopped working. Not sure about berry bushes, either.EDIT: Does winter increase the chances for treeguards to spawn? I just had almost 3 in a row of the biggest size, I only cut down about 1-2 trees as well.

Crops, grass, saplings, berry bushes and reeds do not grow.Rabbits still appear, but bees i'm not 100% sure if they stop completely or just slow down a lot.Stock grass, twigs and reeds (if you use darts). Trees still grow normally. If you can't stock enough food, you can still use boomerangs to kill birds.

Great thanks for the info. So the only outstanding question is - do bees still produce? Anybody?

Overall honey production was been reduced, its slower basically anytime during the game. However, one change with bees is that they do not come out of there hives and boxes during winter.

One change with bees is that they do not come out of there hives and boxes during winter.

Hmm interesting - I guess that means no honey in winter then beyond whats already in the hive. Harvest once then gone.