Modding-unfriendly stuff

Until now, i've found at least three things, which are crashing the game when you try to mod them for NO OBVIOUS reason. I wrote about them here and there. This is for conclusion.

1. Bunker Door

When you change anything, like, the animation speed, logic/electricity port placement, R.360, etc - the game crashes when you click to change any normal door to a Locked or Opened state.

2. Telescope

There is a parameter "view"-something, which is =5. I guess it's like the radius of vertical columns need to be cleared for the Telescope has a perfect view. If you change this - you'll get a crash.

3. Cooking Station

When you add (or remove - sometimes) new recipes, sometimes even to a different station, you'll get a crash if the cooking station had assigned recipes on load, even if they're the ones not touched. One needs to clear the recipe queue, save, mod and only then load the game. 

The bunker doors had recently a change, to workaround a bug, that caused them to reset animation when offscreen/onscreen changes. Maybe there is some code related to this, that you dont change, by editing the doors alone. 

As for the telescope, you dont know what the value is. It could be everything, and it wont has to be a 5 in general, but only a code-indicator. 

Archived