Cherry Carp Productions™

Well, since there is a mod sub-forum now, I might as well do what I put off precisely because I did not want to spam GD with my humble mods or rather have this thread buried and welp... (might as well break the ice before threads are moved in here anyway~)

The Workshop Mods

• Generate more Geysers, a POI/worldgen mod which adds more Geyser POIs onto a map and aims to not leave anyone wanting. Currently 39 possible and self-made templates.
  • Grace Period, a worldgen mod which give you a bit, or a lot more, low quality but imperishable food before your dupes begin to starve. Obviously what one could consider cheat but all my mods don't really make ONI more challenging but more convenient. I'm aware, you don't need to tell me.
  • No Neutronium, a worldgen mod which completely removes and replaces Neutronium blocks and borders. Simple but wonderful. Please do not let a Duplicant fall off the map though.
  • Outdated Safe Space, an amateurish attempt to completely remove meteors. What's amateurish? It always has to be updated to the latest version and replace the file with the main code. Might as well call it a proof of concept or whatever. The "no meteor" part functions flawlessly but it is better if you just do it yourself. 1) just open the .dll with the best tool there is, 2) find SeasonManager, 3) edit the class (not method), 4) just leave the duration in the "MeteorShower" season and nothing else (or modify it to suit your tastes, it is pretty self-explanatory).

Current Plans

• Update the POI and worldgen mods to work with the new modding system when QoL3 is released (expect a delay due to holidays and personal business). Also I missed to check if GmG is not missing new stuff. Namely I recall some plant matter being added. GP and NN should still work flawlessly. Done!
  • Hope that the new tools make someone like me able to translate the seemingly simple code removal that Safe Space basically is to what the modloader demands so that no one is inconvenienced anymore and one can get rid of the Armageddon or just tone it down conveniently.
  • A little bit of polish for GmG is never bad.

Raison d'être for this thread is for me to ask for help and bug reports (or "for ducks sake, update mod X!") which I am always glad for but if you also find anything worth discussing or give feedback to, feel free to!

*Cherry Carp Production is not affiliated with Cherry Carp or Carp Productions in any way and is not even a ™ to begin with,

Archived