Hello guys! (•ω•)

Before you read:

Spoiler

This is actually my old idea presented long ago. But I think that should be helpful to the game.

Since my original post has been archived by the forum, I actually can’t find it back.

So this is a revised version. Read whether you want.

So this is my concept art for geyser pumps.

1554294872924..thumb.jpg.0d657f0da82b804f6146f089ba8220a0.jpg

My geyser pump is actually based on the oil well.

Geyser pumps allows you to extract resources from geysers at a faster rate and you can directly (and safely) transport them into pipeline systems.

However, to build a pump on the geyser (oil reservior not included.), the geyser must be investigated by scientists first. This is to avoid overusing the pumps at too early stage.

A geyser pump has ‘+300°C overheat temperature’ property. However if you want to increase the limit, you have to use heat-resistant materials.

With an exception.

Spoiler

Volcanos are da*n hot as you know. So if you are building it on a volcano, the bonus is +1200°C.

Including metal volcanos.

Materials to build a geyser pump including 1000Kg generic buildable and 500Kg refined metal.

Geyser pump, like oil rigs do, it also has a pressure limit, counted by the accumulated resource stored in the pump facility. Overflown of resources will just simply dump into the surroundings, instead of direct damage and explosion (but possible to cause damage to the surroudings if the material is very hot, for example, magma.)

Also, it requires electricity to run - 240W power consumption.

So that’s all about the geyser pump.

Please comment! (•ω•)/

P.S. I would like to see how it can be improved. Feedbacks please!

Maybe also an idea for volcano drill, and less productivity during dormancy, and extra during eruptions. Don't forget that it could be different for each (Cost different materials, different geyser/vent/fissure/volcano compatibility)

On Wed Apr 03 2019 at 9:39 PM, zergologist said:

Less productivity during dormancy, and extra during eruptions.

Exactly the expected productivity for plumbed geysers.

Volcano drill

That’s more reasonable for volcano expolition, as volcanos, are larger than ordinery geysers and my pumps may not be compatible for them especially volcanos are very hot. Nice idea.

(Cost different materials, different geyser/vent/fissure/volcano compatibility)

It might get the case a bit complicated...

Archived