The Chemistry of the Hydrogen Generator

The game is based on real life physics, ignoring gravity, the period table, and the origin of duplicants. So by that logic, the Hydrogen Generator should apply to physics.

The way Hydrogen gives off energy is by binding with oxygen to create water, and I think that the Hydrogen Generator should work the same way, by taking in Hydrogen and oxygen to produce water and electricity.

2 hours ago, Totally_Cubul said:

The game is based on real life physics, ignoring gravity, the period table, and the origin of duplicants. So by that logic, the Hydrogen Generator should apply to physics.

The way Hydrogen gives off energy is by binding with oxygen to create water, and I think that the Hydrogen Generator should work the same way, by taking in Hydrogen and oxygen to produce water and electricity.

I understand where you are coming from, but the issue with this would be that it would make the hydrogen generator completely useless.  We need oxygen more than we need water, so if they made this change, they may as well remove the hydrogen generator from the game because it would just undo what the electrolyzer did.

Also, the hydrogen generator is one culprit in this.  All the combustion generators should consume oxygen, but they don't.  The reason why is the same reason we don't use coal generators in space.  Oxygen is not included, so if they consumed oxygen, they would be worthless. 

In an actual space colony without passive oxygen generation from plants, you would use solar, geothermal, nuclear, or (futuristically) fusion.

17 hours ago, Zarquan said:

In an actual space colony without passive oxygen generation from plants, you would use solar, geothermal, nuclear, or (futuristically) fusion.

You could use fluorine instead of oxygen, it will react with all fuels better than oxygen, even with water and co2. But need some reliable source of fluorine, it would solve oxygenless generators problem from chemical point of view, but common sense told to stay away from fluorine it will burn everything...

Another more sane alternative would be chlorine, hydrogen burn in chlorine atmosphere so hydrogen generator could work with chlorine producing HCL. Anyway we dont have much use for chlorine.

On 4/2/2019 at 7:51 PM, Totally_Cubul said:

Obviously it is quantum nuclear generator recombining quarks in the hydrogen proton into neutrinos and electrons.

Archived