Which hardwares can run a DST sever for 8~16 players?

5 hours ago, ziyuan2013 said:

Are E5-2670 and 8gX2 memories can run the sever without lags?

If you mean that you have an entire E5-2670 Processor and a total of 16Gigs of ram, then yes, the server should run perfectly fine.

The relatively high turbo clock of 3.3Ghz that CPU is very nice for those peak loads, and 16Gigs of RAM are plenty for a DST server. (Usually you can run a DST server on 2Gigs of RAM without issues, the more the better though.) Those 8 Cores/16Threads will be able to handle everything in the background, without the DST server being affected at all.

As a matter of fact, you should be able to easily run multiple (probably 3, maybe 4) DST servers in parallel without any issues, if you so chose.
(Just as an estimation on how much a DST server needs.)

tldr: Yes, that system should easily handle a DST server without any lags in regard to hardware.

18 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

If you mean that you have an entire E5-2670 Processor and a total of 16Gigs of ram, then yes, the server should run perfectly fine.

The relatively high turbo clock of 3.3Ghz that CPU is very nice for those peak loads, and 16Gigs of RAM are plenty for a DST server. (Usually you can run a DST server on 2Gigs of RAM without issues, the more the better though.) Those 8 Cores/16Threads will be able to handle everything in the background, without the DST server being affected at all.

As a matter of fact, you should be able to easily run multiple (probably 3, maybe 4) DST servers in parallel without any issues, if you so chose.
(Just as an estimation on how much a DST server needs.)

tldr: Yes, that system should easily handle a DST server without any lags in regard to hardware.

thx bro.On my way to buy them:)

On 4/2/2019 at 9:36 AM, ziyuan2013 said:

I plan to run a personal DST sever for my friend,but I don't know what kind of computer can run it.

Are E5-2670 and 8gX2 memories can run the sever without lags?

Hope somebody would answer my question,thank you guys. :)

what kind of server are you trying to run? vanilla or modded? How big is your megabases going to be?

CPU single core performance has been improving rather slowly, and breaching their limit is rather easy in megabases. With that CPU, I estimate it can only handle 200 bunnyman/pigs running around loaded, shared among all players. But once you add in buildings or other stuff on the ground, the capacity will be less than 200. i9-9900K is probably the best CPU you can get at the moment, and it would handle around 350 bunnyman

On 4/4/2019 at 12:45 AM, cezarica said:

@blizstorm Are you trolling or what? Do you realize that you compare a server CPU with a desktop CPU? What about that hefty price difference?

I did compared a server CPU against a desktop CPU. Maybe you can enlighten us on what would be so wrong about that in the case of hosting servers for DST.

Archived