New skills screen is confusing

I personally find that the new skills UI quite confusing. The tree section is fine, however, the left side bar is extremely confusing and clunky.

• We have multiple ways to select a hat. What is this good for, actually? is it just aesthetics, or does it change the priorities for that dupe? We don't need multiple ways to change this do we?
  • I think it would be very beneficial that on the dupe detail section of the screen we could see the dupe's stats. You can mouse over the dupe's name on the table, but this is quite inefficient. It is a factor to specialize the dupe and I think it is important that it becomes part of this screen.

In conclusion, I do like the new skills system, in theory, but the new UI/UX for it has to be changed because it doesn't work.

It works really fine i think. You can select the hat you like, or one the represents the dupes primary function. In the Jobs system, they had only the hat, for the current profession. Now, they can be perfect doctors, but wear a miners hat, if you like.

The choise is yours alone.

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

I like the freedom. Now i can identify the dupe that was assigned to be a miner and has high mining stats but gets trained for more athletics.

I'm not arguing against the new system, but to get a better UI that represents the system. I like the freedom too.

Archived