So I asked a question on the stream that I should have thought through more.  It was regarding the daily reports, in particular, the power report.  In particular this response is for Jared and @jambell.  Sorry Jared, I don't remember your forum name.

First, I really should have looked at the current one.  It's much, *much* better than the old one.  So, sorry for that.  However, there's still some confusing components to my mind, and much of my confusion comes from the way the energy tab still offers information.

Every one of my hydrogen and coal generators are wired to automation on a smart battery.  I wonder how I could have overproduction in the kJ range.  This I assume is the 100% shutoff and I'll switch it to 95% to make sure that they have a little bit of vig.  However, defaulting that to a non-100% would be nice if that's the case that it's simply leftover material in the generator when the automation cuts out but it runs for that extra second or so.  That's a lot of smart batteries for my builds to have to constantly manually change them, though I suppose I do that for the 0% side already. 

5c942eddb85ca_PowerReportQuestionsandconcerns.JPG.60c9fcf83c052dfd11f2a3b5a39bf646.JPG

My other question is no longer a component of the report, but is involved in the Energy tab when you activate wires, in particular the heavi-watt.  I typically have some 30+ transformers all on my main trunk. Now, that doesn't mean they're actually trying to pull 50kw, but the energy tab makes little sense, at least to me.

5c94301ee02e1_Energytab.JPG.4694813c511959bca934814bd960511d.JPG

I would have expected either to see all building on the network and sub-networks that could cause potential power consumption, or all the buildings and all the transformers (adding up to some insane value, I'm sure).  As it stands, I really can't trust the values at all to tell me what's actually happening.

In addition to that, it's very *very* hard to find my links to the transformers.  For example, this base (early base) has 12 transformers:

5c9430d602046_EnergyTransformers.JPG.3fd8d38faf7e2eb3f29691d4dd119a65.JPG

A jump-to link would be great here, so I can find a particularly enthusiastic transformer that's trying to pull too much.  As it is, I have to scan the entire map to find a problem.  Additionally, 120 w / 0 W?  I'm not entirely sure what that's trying to tell me.  The / 0 W could be removed for transformers as they just confuse the issue if we're not going to see them as potential draw.  In this case, though, what I'd like to see is the transformer showing the actual potential on the transformer's small side circuit.

As always, thank you.

Archived