Metal refinery super high temperature coolant usage

I am attempting a build where i plan to use super high temperature liquids (liquid metal, magma, glass) as a coolant for the metal refinery, to later dump the heat into steam, chlorine (vent to space), or as a mechanic for super heating other materials as needed. I've been testing some parts of the build and want to know if my plan is possible before I attempt further building. So far from my testing, it seems the metal refinery does not thermally interact with the coolant inside it? but i was using molten glass so it may have been a byproduct of glass having very poor thermal properties. I understand that containing the liquid safely in pipes will be difficult, but if i am able to use obsidian pipes in vacuum i should be able to prevent most accidental heat transfer and prevent the pipes from melting. My plan for loading the system is to use a liquid pump on magma, utilizing the water drip method to trick it into pumping magma. I've also tested using liquid shutoffs and pipe sensors on heated liquid and couldn't detect any heat transfer so filtering the heated liquid to ensure only correct temperature coolant is used should be possible. temperature exchange should be relatively easy so long as i choose piping with melting temps higher than the temperature of my coolant loop. As far as I can tell that covers the vast majority of the systems required for the build to work but I've yet to try linking all of these builds together.

If anyone has much experience or knowledge with this would they be able to tell me if further experimenting/building is worthwhile or am i missing something making this build infeasible. This build likely wont be efficient but I am undertaking it more for the fun of it, and as proof of concept that a mostly none exploit based super heating system is possible.

@Sevio's comments in this thread, about how to position the refinerey and glass forge to guarantee no heat transfer, are great.  However, the insulated abysalitte blocks he talks about no longer exist, but you can use mesh or airflow tiles instead. I would follow all the links in @Sevio's signature, and read up on his findings.  Most of them are still relevant.

Archived