Gas Element Sensor

Is it possible to have the gas element sensor shows which gas it is currently in? I understand it might be a bit hard since gas is free moving but there are times when I want to know which gas is in the sensor and need to guess, this is especially difficult in a mixed gas area. 

On 3/16/2019 at 10:00 AM, nivodeus said:

Is it possible to have the gas element sensor shows which gas it is currently in? I understand it might be a bit hard since gas is free moving but there are times when I want to know which gas is in the sensor and need to guess, this is especially difficult in a mixed gas area. 

This is a building that is already in the game, it's called the gas element sensor

I think you all misunderstood my suggestion. I mean the Gas Element Sensor to have the feature of showing which gas is currently roaming around it . Not the gas pipe element sensor, yes, the Gas Element Sensor in the automation tab. Right now you cant see which gas is around it in there. I mean something like the Temp sensor and atmo sensor which give you number of temp and atmo pressure. 

What I suggested is for the Sensor to show us which gas is passing through it. I guess it's a very minor thing, but it has some merit in some specific circumstances. 

4 hours ago, nivodeus said:

What I suggested is for the Sensor to show us which gas is passing through it.

The sensors can only have a binary output so you can`t have one saying "chlorine" or "hydrogen" but you can make one of them for each gas next to each other and use them to activate different things when each gas appears. Even having the light lamps under gas names made from tiles.

Is it a known issue that the Gas Element Sensor panel that shows up when you click one you built is the same to the one of the Gas Filter? With Output1 and Output2 sub panels that don't make much sense? Should I pick the Gas to sense under Output2?

Archived