"Install" inline valve

When building a valve "on top" of an existing pipe, make it so the that when the valve is built it "breaks" the existing connection. Currently, when you build a valve on an existing run of pipe it leaves the existing connection underneath, which allows backflow of the gas through the valve segment. I can't think of *any* scenario where I would want that, so I see no reason it shouldn't break the existing connection.

This is purely a "quality of life" change. Without it, I need to manually break the existing connection. Which then implies that I also need to rebuild "half" of the existing pipe connection to attach to the valve,  which makes this problem feel even more painful. All three operations, cut pipe, rebuilt half, install valve, should be done as a single action. It would be "fair" if this single action required the duplicant work time of the three operations together (rather than just the time of building the valve). It would even be acceptable (to me) if they were queued as three separate actions. All I want, is to only have to issue the "install valve" command.

I would also request that this apply to gas/liquid filters as well.

Extended explanation of why this is *painful*. First you need to cut the pipe, you need to wait for the pipe to be cut before you can rebuild the half to connect to the valve. It is that delay of having to wait for a dupe to cut it before you can then "queue" the next action.

Let me guess, according to the current behavior of the game...

if building valve could "break" the pipe, trying to build the valve and cancel the errand immediately will also break the pipe.

Because you can "connect" the adjacent pipes without your dup building it.

Archived