Why can't you weave Gorge skins?

I wasn't around when the Gorge or Forge 2 event happened, so I'm wondering if maybe I missed something.

Currently the only way to get the Victorian skins and gorge item skins are by buying the chests off the steam store, which means if you unravel the Gorge skins from the steam store, you can't get them back via weaving or buying them again like you can now. To me it's just a little odd that the new skin sets can be purchased this way but the Gorge ones cannot.

Anyone got any thoughts on this? Would be greatly appreciated.

You can only weave skins of the currently active (and sometimes previously active event).

I believe right now the New Year skins (& Verdant) are weavable along with the Forge & Winter ones. However once the next event starts the Forge & Winter ones won't be weavable anymore.

4 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

You can only weave skins of the currently active (and sometimes previously active event).

I believe right now the New Year skins (& Verdant) are weavable along with the Forge & Winter ones. However once the next event starts the Forge & Winter ones won't be weavable anymore.

No, you're seriously able to weave skins from every previous event except the Gorge right now.

image.png.06724707b3edd3833ae9f4285229a1b0.png

image.png.478cb0fce69fe713d3e00e9559185d5f.png

32 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

No, you're seriously able to weave skins from every previous event except the Gorge right now.

Dang. I hope Klei maybe make them weavable sometime this year, since they're doing the new skin stuff with all the characters and whatnot. 

49 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Because of the massive overlap.

The Halloween, Winter, & Forge all came around the same time.

The New Year & Verdant are current.

Gorge hasn't happened recently at all.

Typically there is a period after events where they are still weavable, but that tends to end once the next set of events occur.

In this case the Halloween, Winter, and Forge are still active. Whether this is just extended or permanent is yet to be heard.

Archived