32x/Super Sized Screen Shot Function

Hi All,

My partner is obsessed with Oxygen Not Included (Sunk about ~1000 hours into it).

She is very proud of this one particular save which has reached 2000 days - and I wanted to obtaiy a very large screen grab of it for her. I read about the debug function using ALT - 1, 2, 3, or 4 which are 1x, 2x, 8x, 32x current resolution respectively. Whilst it "works", the actual map in the grab comes out heavily blurred and artefacted (GUI elements are fine and sharp though) - almost as if it were shifted during the capture, rendering it useless. I was wondering if this is an isolated experience or if this function has been depreciated/discontinued/broken in recent updates? Or am I doing something wrong?

If this simply no longer works, do you guys and girls have any suggestions regarding an alternative to this? Essentially, I want to capture an "Ansel-like" full shot of this base.

Thank you in advance.

Hi I believe ALT + S = Screenshot mode. This allows you to zoom out for screenshots.

I Use mods , one of them has it so i can do this all the time (scroll mouse wheel in and out) letting me play and do things with the interface at any zoom.Try Hitting Print screen button. exit game and instantly open Graphic program and Paste .

GOOGLE had this...u/Isuress wrote..

To put Oxygen Not Included into screenshot mode, press the following while in-game to hide the UI.

Alt+S

This will also let you zoom out quite a bit more than you're used to. You can then "press F12" if you're playing on Steam, OR you can press "Printscreen" on your keyboard and then open Microsoft Paint or Photoshop in a new window and press "Ctrl+V" to paste it into the program.
Probably want to save as a .png if you want to preserve screenshot quality, .Jpeg if you want to save file size.

If you have multiple monitors (like me), pressing "Alt+Printscreen" will screenshot ONLY the currently selected application.

I want a quick screen shot tool which can preserve all details in my base. Just like panoramic camera in you phone, it can stitch many small photos to a big one with super high resolution.

ALT+S can free the zoom limitation, but the final resolution won't be bigger than my screen. BTW, don't ask me to buy an 8K screen unless you can send me a free one.

58 minutes ago, Mullematsch said:

If you want it to be clear, you would have to take 10+ screenshots of different parts of the base and combine them with some editing software.

As stated if you really really want it , it can be done...here i spent about a half hour took 10 or so screenshots at closest ZOOM in the game , then made a HUGE blank canvas 7680x7200 in paint.net , started pasting them in.....its crystal clear and you can line it up by the pixel. 

Stiched_Screen.pdn_(20%)_-_Paint.NET_v3.5.10-2019-03-01_19.44.05.png

Stiched_Screen.pdn_(427%)_-_Paint.NET_v3.5.10-2019-03-01_19.46.26.png

Hi All,

Thanks for all your responses. I have tried the various screenshot modes available, which all work well - but provide me with what is only a 1920x1080 res file that hardly does the base justice. The ALT + 4 in debug is what I was trying, however it screws with the image in a unique way that renders it pretty much unusable. I will post an example of the issue with the ALT + 4 screenshot, it even occurs in 8x mode (ALTERNATIVE + 3).

If you are familiar with Nvidia's Ansel technology - that is pretty much the goal/objective in mind. From some of the responses here, it sounds like I will have to resort to stitching many regular screenshots together - could be a while considering the size of her base.

I stumbled across this function in a forum post by "The Plum Gate" in October 2018 (https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/82821-anyone-tried-the-530506mp-screenshot-mode-yet/) yet I cannot replicate their results without the image coming out blurred as per the example.

Thanks for all of your time and responses guys, much appreciated.

Untitled.jpg

I run mods , camera controller gives me this ZOOM level as regular game play. This is also a larger map size at 512 x 640. I use MSI afterburner to take screenshots as that gives me PNG files that are pretty clear. I you want, upload the save i can have a crack at it. My normal screen res is set to 2560x1440.

OxygenNotIncluded_2019_03_01_20_45_31_530.png

Archived