QOL 2: Simple alternating automation circuit

First some background:  I got the idea to use my pWater from the lavatory and showers to help with cooling from watching a Brothgar video.  great guy!

As time passed, I'd also noticed that the small packets of pWater didnt have time to warm up and often were so small as to have little real effect.

Late last night I thought about how to fix this, and initially found the automation required confusing, even head-achy lol, so i went to bed.

Three cheers for sleep, this morning I evolved this,

A is a buffer gate, set to how long the connected shutoff should be active and allow the (hopefully) heated water to pass on towards a seive.

B is a Not gate, once the buffer flips to inactive this inverts that and starts the next gate

C is a fliter gate, this stays inactive for a set period of time before becoming active, set to a duration long enough to let the pWater in the radiant pipes to heat up.

For my current setup A to 18 (18 packets should be let out) and C to 40 are working well.

on a side note, i also have lots of bottled pWater that i feed in at a T junction so that the lavatory feed has priority, this 'solved' the small packet issue.

I hope this relatively simple circuit can help someone else with what initially appears to be a complex automation issue.

snapp.png

3 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Could you elaborate a bit more what it is used for exactly.

i have a simple loop of radiant pipe in a large tank of pWater.  In that tank sits a thermo aquatuner that is cooling both geyser water and sieved water.

this circuit stops the loop for a period of time to allow the water in the radiant pipes to warm up significantly before activating the shutoff to allow the warmed water out to be sieved.

without this the pWater in the radiant loop warmed up but only a fraction of what it could have, so was not really doing an efficient job.

the circuit is in the upper left in this image.   the lower left is a test to have water thats too cool to bypass the cooling loop (and head to an electrolyzer and also a precipitating loop for a steam vent.

snp.thumb.png.b3b7835c4040ac987e02a823c0426c17.png

3 hours ago, tzionut said:

from what i see is for collecting the small packets of polluted water in bigger ones...

if i was sending partial packets, which some cycle may happen, it will also do that i guess.

-----

i've attached my save, warning - i use lots of bridges; it cuts down on buffering and limits heat transfer :)

Serene Lab.sav

Archived