Drywall/Tile Relation and Space in MkII

I find myself annoyed at the drywall/tile change in the QoL MkII branch.  I can understand that the thermal exploits should be fixed (assuming that was the reason for the change), but it makes building in space a significant headache.  If I want to move a wall in my nice oxygenated room in space, or even make another room on it, I can't just go outside, build a wall, and then destroy the old one.  I essentially lose the entire room of oxygen and I'd better hope I remembered to lock the doors (or deny access.  Especially with the long build time of drywall, it can be a real drain on resources that can make me not want to build in space.  Because I want to claim large amounts of space, but I don't know what I am going to do with the area yet, so I don't know what the room should look like.  I propose 2 solutions:

1. Allow us to seamlessly replace tile with drywall and vice versa, just like with replacing tile with metal tile.  This would let us alter rooms in space without losing atmosphere (or too much atmosphere).  Same with doors on walls and doors on drywall.
  2. Undo the change (allowing us to build drywall behind tiles) and make drywall not play a part in thermal calculations, either overall or just when behind a tile.

Also, a bit of a tangent, but could we have the ability to paint squares of drywall using a mechanism like the one we use for the dig tool so we can order an entire room drywalled with one click?

10 minutes ago, Gwido said:

It's a hot subject in the bug section.

You can read a part of what was said in this post ;)  

It's not a bug though, it was an intentional change.  Unless they changed their mind about the change.

17 hours ago, Zarquan said:

1. Allow us to seamlessly replace tile with drywall and vice versa, just like with replacing tile with metal tile.  This would let us alter rooms in space without losing atmosphere (or too much atmosphere).  Same with doors on walls and doors on drywall.

I don't know the reason for the change,but changing room with liquid inside become hard work that I resort to debug(liquid o2/h2)...I don't mind too much on gas leaking as there enough oxygen around space from O2 overproduction.

3 hours ago, badgamer123 said:

I don't know the reason for the change,but changing room with liquid inside become hard work that I resort to debug(liquid o2/h2)...I don't mind too much on gas leaking as there enough oxygen around space from O2 overproduction.

I know that losing the oxygen isn't that bad, but I still don't want to do it.  And there is no way to avoid it.

Archived