'The Sty' Oddities Emporium and shops unbalance

Hi all!

I coming here with small suggestion and (maybe) with pretensions.

Now without travel we can get all rare items from first Don't Starve DLC. But any rare item from SW isnt added to this shop. Also I think we have too big chance for getting bosses items in this shop and too much pedestials in few shops (from second pig town). 'The Sty' make Deerclop, Goose Goose, Dragonfly or Bearger unnecessary.

I have big impression that Hamlet killing RoG and make this DLC unwanted. When SW havent any problems and still is in better position than RoG.

My suggestions for fix are easy:

• Change chance for getting rare boss drops in 'The Sty'

• Make fewer pedestals in 'The Sty', The Boar's Tusk Weapon Shop, The Flying Pig Arcane Shop and The Flying Pig Arcane Shop

• Add items from Shipwrecked to shops (e.g. boss drops in 'The Sty')

• Add foods from Shipwrecked to The Sterling Trough Deli shop

• Add coffee plant to Miss Sow's Floral Arrangements with expensive price

• Add gummy slug and bean bugs buyable in Swinesbury Fine Grocer's with expensive price and medium chance for show in shop

6 hours ago, micpizazE said:

Iirc you still need volcanic turf to be able to plant the coffee plants anyways so selling them wouldn't make much sense.

Thanks! I totally forgot about that, because usually I remake place with oryginal turf.

Hmmm i heard about carpets shop project if will add to game then that will make sense. Otherwise great idea will be adding small ash turf arena near Iron Hulks under charred trees, that will be looks more destroyed by a meteorite or something other than extraterrestrial.

On 2/14/2019 at 11:34 PM, Thalkas said:

Hi all!

I coming here with small suggestion and (maybe) with pretensions.

Now without travel we can get all rare items from first Don't Starve DLC. But any rare item from SW isnt added to this shop.

That's honestly because Klei considers ROG to be part of the base game at this point. You can tell because of how A New Reign in DST gave all of RoG's content for free anyways.

Also I think we have too big chance for getting bosses items in this shop and too much pedestials in few shops (from second pig town). 'The Sty' make Deerclop, Goose Goose, Dragonfly or Bearger unnecessary.

By the time you can build the Skyworthy and afford the RoG boss items (Especially the Mosling feathers. Which are just so much) in Hamlet, you could probably murder all of the bosses in ROG anyways. I don't see how this is much of an issue. 

I have big impression that Hamlet killing RoG and make this DLC unwanted. When SW havent any problems and still is in better position than RoG.

I doubt it. RoG is practically part of the base game at this point. I don't know if I'd recommend anyone play DS without RoG. It's just so integral to the experience and changes so much about the base game. Seriously, there's a lot more to RoG than just getting the boss items?

• Change chance for getting rare boss drops in 'The Sty'

• Make fewer pedestals in 'The Sty', The Boar's Tusk Weapon Shop, The Flying Pig Arcane Shop and The Flying Pig Arcane Shop

Eh. You can just build more of them if it's that big of an issue. By the time you can use the Skyworthy to transfer them to other worlds you can use the Key to build more of them anyways.

Archived