Help sorting Dreckos from Drecklets

I have built dupe safe and dupe free automated slaughterhouses for hatches and dreckos.  I want to prevent drecklets from entering the slaughter room, but I don't know of any  behaviors that could be used to keep the baby ones out.

For example, hatches will jump up to two tiles, but hatchlets will not, so I put a two tile jump up to the slaughter room to keep hatchlets out.

Does anyone know of any different  behaviors between dreckos and drecklets that could be used?

I want to keep it fully dupe free, so auto wranglers are out.

Thanks.

Drecklets and Dreckos, both variants, weigh 200 kg. This is true for all critters, as in babies and adults weigh the same.

As far as I know, drecklets can't jump at all, not even a one tile gap.

Poordrecklets.jpg.642c61401a4c022b6619634edb88a35e.jpg

The only other case in which babies and adults act differently is when reacting to a call from a rancher operating a shearing station. I've never ever seen a baby drecko being sheared, which leads me to assume that they simply cannot. However, this requires a dupe to just stay there whistling and clapping hands.

Instead of preventing drecklets from entering the slaughter room, I prevent them from entering the stable if conditions are met :p

2 hours ago, 6Havok9 said:

Drecklets and Dreckos, both variants, weigh 200 kg. This is true for all critters, as in babies and adults weigh the same.

As far as I know, drecklets can't jump at all, not even a one tile gap.

Poordrecklets.jpg.642c61401a4c022b6619634edb88a35e.jpg

The only other case in which babies and adults act differently is when reacting to a call from a rancher operating a shearing station. I've never ever seen a baby drecko being sheared, which leads me to assume that they simply cannot. However, this requires a dupe to just stay there whistling and clapping hands.

Instead of preventing drecklets from entering the slaughter room, I prevent them from entering the stable if conditions are met :p

Well, I see. Then maybe we could try sorting them by time of birth. Stuck newborns in a certain place for a certain time until they are fully grown. It's easy to move eggs all by shipping equipments, that fits the situation.

Archived