Why is the shipping for the Don't starve merch so expensive?

Hi! Im kinda new to this forum so im not quite sure if this is the right place to post this but i just have one question. Why is the shipping on the klei shop so expensive? So i was just browsing the web untill i stumbled onto the klei shop. I thought that the merch the was really cool so i actually wanted to buy a blue winter hat that was on the page for around 20$. But when i enter my adress to see how much the shipping would cost it almost doubled the price by! (i live in Sweden btw). I know that klei is just a small indie company but still why is it so expensive? i mean Sweden isnt some isolated hard to ship to country and i have never seen shipping as expensive. This pretty much just sucks since now i cant get the hat and klei wont get the money i would have spent. So the reason i am posting this is:

1. As i said earlier why so expensive though?

2. Do any of you know any places i can buy offical klei merch that might have cheaper shipping (like amazon maybe?)?

3. Or do you know so way to get the merch cheaper like a coupon or something so that i dont have to spend as much?

Thanks for reading :)

Hey there, 

Yeah, it's pretty expensive for us to ship internationally. Unfortunately we're not big enough to be able to get rates lower overseas and get some warehouses in multiple locations around the world. We're trying though, and we will do what we can as soon as we can, because we don't like it any more than you do. 

Outside of the Funko Pops, the Klei Store is the only place to get official merch from Klei. We do have sales from time to time and we will have something cool coming up soon, so stay tuned. 

8 hours ago, JoeW said:

Hey there, 

Yeah, it's pretty expensive for us to ship internationally. Unfortunately we're not big enough to be able to get rates lower overseas and get some warehouses in multiple locations around the world. We're trying though, and we will do what we can as soon as we can, because we don't like it any more than you do. 

Outside of the Funko Pops, the Klei Store is the only place to get official merch from Klei. We do have sales from time to time and we will have something cool coming up soon, so stay tuned. 

You got me intrigued, but you wont stop me from buying a Calico Chester at some point 

On 2019-02-01 at 2:43 AM, JoeW said:

Hey there, 

Well i will have to wait then i guess. Thanks for your reply it was really helpful!

On 01/02/2019 at 1:43 AM, JoeW said:

Hey there, 

i mean... i could be the warehouse for you guys, if you know what i mean ;)

Archived