[Game Update] - 305738

Jason

• Developer
24 minutes ago, Siletrea said:

I hope the controllers get fixed! every version of DS and its DLC RoG SW HAM has it so that if I try and use an item in my bag using a controller it autofires the key and opens up my crafting menus at random

Could you explain this to me as if you were explaining it to a 5 year old? Could you give an example of what item to use for example?

I know, sounds odd, but I never had this happen, and want to make sure it's working as intended.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, bizziboi said:

Could you explain this to me as if you were explaining it to a 5 year old? Could you give an example of what item to use for example?

I know, sounds odd, but I never had this happen, and want to make sure it's working as intended.

sure! I use a Xbox One controller when playing DS and well honestly I don't know what causes it...say I've been walking around in-game gathering berries and I'm hungry so I go to use one! with the controller its just click the D-pad in the correct direction and the character eats...but for some odd reason it acts as though i'm clicking 500 times a second and even pops up the crafting menus and acts as though I'm trying to scroll through all the menus at mach 2 ...the only way I can stop it from happening (and from driving me nuts from the scrolling sound going off like a machine gun) is by pressing R1 to bring up the inventory screen in such a way that it pauses the game...I then usually take the minute to organize my inventory before going to play the game again! and then the issue is fixed for a minute or so before starting up again...if I get the chance later on I'll record what happens and send it! but for now all I can give you is a hypothetical scenario... it started last sunday after I updated DS and I was playing hamlet when it started...so I switched over and made a new SW world (SW is my longtime fave) and it started happening there as well...shutting the game down entirely and rebooting does not fix it either and while I do play with a few small mods I haven't used anything new in months and no mods have been updated...so I'd say the mods aren't causing it...again if I can I'll record what happens later on when I can and I'll post it here!

• Developer

Hmmm, this is not likely related to the game from what I can tell.

You could try resetting the controller mapping in the options, but from the description it sounds like issues I have seen with people that have special mouse drivers, or mapping software to make certain controllers or other input devices work with certain games. Do you have any of these installed (joykey is one I know of)

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, bizziboi said:

Hmmm, this is not likely related to the game from what I can tell.

You could try resetting the controller mapping in the options, but from the description it sounds like issues I have seen with people that have special mouse drivers, or mapping software to make certain controllers or other input devices work with certain games. Do you have any of these installed (joykey is one I know of)

nope sadly this only happens with DS and I dont use any mapping software! never had this problem till the last DS update...oh BTW! I made the vid!

using bumper buttons to change camera angles also opens the crafting menu for some odd reason

dont starve controller glitch.mp4

17 hours ago, bizziboi said:

Have you tried going to Main Menu>Controls>Select the joypad>Reset>Apply?

Also, what OS are you on? I generally test with a X360 controller but I'll give it a whirl with the X1 controller next week.

resetting the controller in the settings seems to have fixed it! I'm so glad! I'm on Windows 10 BTW

if I have any further problems or if it comes back I'll letcha know!

• Like 1

I also have controller weirdness, but in the sense that I'm using a P880 Saitek controller I know nothing about yet, and my laptop.  I have reset it a few times but can't seem to get the settings right. I'm used to playing on the xb and switch and wanted the controls generally the same, but haven't been playing long enough to know the best way to go about it. I like the pc ver because of the console commands (I haven't passed day 30 yet on any character and wanted to run it further). Is anyone using one of these controllers that can help me out with what should be mapped to which setting?