how do i store solid CO2?

2 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

As for now you can`t move it as it`s not on the storage materials list. But if you get some from space it`s best to run it with a conveyor thorugh a hot room so it all changes into gas.

if it's not on the material list then how do you get it on the conveyor as you suggest? 

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

if it's not on the material list then how do you get it on the conveyor as you suggest? 

He did say, if it's from space, which you already know that you need a conveyor rail to unload the rocket storage thingies.

2 hours ago, Neotuck said:

personally I don't use mods, kinda feels like I'm not playing a game as the developer intended

but that's just my opinion, when dealing with solid CO2 I would just let it melt/evaporate

im the same love.

6 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

As for now you can`t move it as it`s not on the storage materials list. But if you get some from space it`s best to run it with a conveyor thorugh a hot room so it all changes into gas.

its not from space its was in my thermal nullifier room and it frozed. 

Just now, nameorgame said:

its not from space its was in my thermal nullifier room and it frozed. 

interesting, the nullifier should have shut down once it turned to liquid, unless the CO2 wasn't touching it.

for future reference always make sure you only have hydrogen in the room surrounding a nullifier, it's most effective 

13 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

interesting, the nullifier should have shut down once it turned to liquid, unless the CO2 wasn't touching it.

for future reference always make sure you only have hydrogen in the room surrounding a nullifier, it's most effective 

i found away around that, if you put mesh tiles under the thermal regulator and flood the chamber with hydrogen then it will bypass the "too cold" and any gasses that turn into a liquid will sit underneath until they solidify and then you could remove them manualy. or so was the plan. i'll send i pic

@Neotuck 

image.thumb.png.0996380c7f50d21953747a7f987d00ef.pngimage.thumb.png.701a61a261227aafb78f5d667b993ea6.png

build 2 more rows of tiles under the build (move the shutoff away a bit) then remove all but one from above. The co2 falls down to the bottom floor maintaining full h2 atmosphere. then rebuild the original flooring above them, and remove the temp bottom floor to restore the original state with co2 outside of the build.

6 hours ago, MorsDux said:

build 2 more rows of tiles under the build (move the shutoff away a bit) then remove all but one from above. The co2 falls down to the bottom floor maintaining full h2 atmosphere. then rebuild the original flooring above them, and remove the temp bottom floor to restore the original state with co2 outside of the build.

i have no choice. the co2 is really bugging me, thanks

You could build 3 rows of mechanical doors, controlled by automation wires to a manual switch of your choice, each row controlled individually.  then, cycle 2 doors at top open, close the top row, then open the bottom row, all solids will fall out, while keeping your atmosphere pristine.  Much like a door pump.

1 minute ago, Craigjw said:

You could build 3 rows of mechanical doors, controlled by automation wires to a manual switch of your choice, each row controlled individually.  then, cycle 2 doors at top open, close the top row, then open the bottom row, all solids will fall out, while keeping your atmosphere pristine.  Much like a door pump.

thank you, 

Archived