Fully Automated Hatch Farm

Hey! So this is my first post ever on an any type of forum so I ask you guys to please go easy on me.

I've seen many builds to achieve a fully automated hatch farm and so I decided to just add on to the pile and submit my own attempt.

This is based off of an existing thread on this forum (Almost) Set-And-Forget Automated Hatch Ranch, however this one is pre-QOL Mk1 and lacks the critter sensors, I did mess around with his design without the critter sensors and it is possible though an utter nightmare, using weight plates to achieve a similar setup.

This setup is as most hatch farms completely self-powered, even when using regular hatches as opposed to sage hatches, and also tuneable by modifying some of the automation detection values.

It will hatch hatches in its "kill chamber"(the chamber with water) and on death in the grooming chamber will attempt to introduce one of the hatched hatches back into the grooming chamber, if no hatch is capable of pathfinding into the drop platform(Mec. door and weight plate leading to grooming chamber) then an egg is fetched and used instead(This is the 200s timer in the automation overlay, should be enough once the farm gets going). It will also control the population inside the "kill chamber", using the weight plate and the second drop platform(Mec. door and weight plate leading to water) which will produce meat and avoid an exponential growth in the number of hatches(This can be changed by increasing or decreasing the weight threshold of the plate itself).

So here is the general overlay of the farm:

general.thumb.png.4acbae803be4fdef44f5931f0d6df07e.png

And the electrical overlay:

electrical.thumb.png.41a18e4db6c4d7822651d61627a902bd.png

And finally the magical automation overlay:

automation.thumb.png.2da739387807424f458793f1fbf82437.png

Finally, the shipping overlay to get the byproducts to their destinations:

shipping.thumb.png.cf71938bb6dd4f879afb841c3d6b0539.png

Archived