Allow plant orders for unavailable seeds

Right now, there's no way to "plan" my farming of a plant, unless I have at least one accessible seed or an already planted seed in the same type of container.

I'd rather have the ability to put planting orders even if seeds are unavailable yet. Change the color of plant selection to indicate seeds unavailability, but allow the plant order itself.

On 1/8/2019 at 1:37 AM, Eleyvie said:

Right now, there's no way to "plan" my farming of a plant, unless I have at least one accessible seed or an already planted seed in the same type of container.

I'd rather have the ability to put planting orders even if seeds are unavailable yet. Change the color of plant selection to indicate seeds unavailability, but allow the plant order itself.

It's especially frustrating when you are digging up Wheezeworts and Uproot, Sweep, and Plant are 3 separate actions that can take a really long time.  I find that nobody will go sweep a Wheeze even at pri 9 unless I try to plant it somewhere.  Would love to be able to order a Wheeze that I don't yet have to be planted, find one to Uproot, and have them go Uproot, Sweep and Plant all by themselves.  Same for Bristle when I set up a farm but don't yet have enough seeds.  Having to babysit the plants just to wait for them to drop a seed is not my idea of fun gameplay.

well i just have one storage compactor which collects all seeds at prio 9. even if i get a new type of seed is found it automatically get added this way i don't have to babysit any plant. just need to have 1 dupe which has the storage on the highest prio too for it to get all seeds asap. (only work if you select all seeds. if you make a selection between the seeds a new type of seed won't be automatically added with the selection)
though it is somewhat annoying you can't plan ahead with planting unless you got 1 seed at least.

The only problem with doing that for a large farm is that it breaks up harvest for a while and tiles are constantly getting tended.

I will breifly turn off auto harvest to get some of the plants syncronized so that the farms are not being tended choatically.

When you need food though, you need food.

Archived