Building planner

I have been playing some oxygen not included. Never finished a game, but I kept on starting new colonies. Now i'm in a colony I'm really enjoying. I still lack the skill to make a proper base layout though. I keep making my rooms to small, and in bad places.

Sometimes I wanted to make a plan for my base. Now I have to try and draw it on paper, but that's not really good either. So I've been thinking about some kind of planning tool to help layout your base better. I don't know if this would be nice or not, but this is just a tought.

+1

It would also be nice to have "Watermelen" plants, more dirty dirt with the sweet name "Mullenmuch", an super loud automation audio alarm bell named "Ooziealarm", "Babbakebap" as food, "Klei" in the game renamed correctly to "Clay" and 2 dupe brothers named "Calmbro" & "TeejaeBro".

I'd also like to see this added. I assume all you'd need is a toggleable "marker" option when placing buildings. It's exactly the same mechanically, the dupes just don't actually build it. You could then add another tool like the sub-priority tool that lets you box select a region to toggle the marker status on or off.

6 hours ago, DesktopMan said:

This has been suggested in various ways before. Priority 0 that is never actually started should be trivial to implement and would be enough for me at least.

Love the idea!  I would also like to be able to group-select these planned buildings and shift them around the map.  Sometimes I want to build a somewhat complicated room with several buildings, but I don't want to destroy wild plants/etc.  It's not easy to see where things will end up, so being able to lay out the buildings in an open space and then shifting the build pattern into place would be amazing!

Archived