Egg Dropper help please

Can someone post a simple egg dropper with the timings they're using on the buffer / filter gates please? (:
Need the eggs to drop to the floor using a sweeper arm. I've seen some posts on the forum but I don't want to guess with the timings as they weren't included.

I've just about managed to come up with a fully automated dense puft meat ranch (grooming is the only dupe interaction). Thats the last thing I need to put in. Gonna post my design soon.

image.thumb.png.7fcc3b11e04235c361aae1b00b7e8431.png

This is my egg sorter.

Eggs are picked up from the room below and sent to the receptacle above.  The arms are on a timer, buffer is at 3s, filter is at 1s.  3 seconds is used, as it's long enough to pick up the egg, but not enough to deliver the egg (in most circumstances)

The loaders at the top are set for the egg type.  left is set for stone hatch egss, right for all others.  If eggs are actually delivered, they are sent back to the receptacle for dropping again.

Disclaimer: this is just one that works, I have no idea how efficient it is, it uses a fair amount of space, but it is pretty simple (and doesn't require any timings) and reliable.

Eggs in on the right (receptacle), eggs drop through the pneaumatic door on the left to wherever you want. The key is the smart storage in the center that is set to 1kg, so as soon as it gets an egg it activates the second sweeper which picks it up and therefore deactivates itself immediately. Since the egg 'teleports' to the location of the sweeper when it's picked up it then falls from the left sweeper and passes through the door into whatever system you have below. Feeding the eggs in from conveyor helps make sure only one egg at a time is picked up and sent through the system. The priorities need to be in increasing order right to left so the system keeps trying to move the eggs leftward. The storage on the far left is just to motivate the sweeper. The height of the sweepers relative to center smart storage is to ensure they can both see the center smart storage but don't see each others' systems (iirc).

I think that's probably all you need to replicate this if you want :)

20181231105227_1.jpg

Thanks y'all I've managed to work one into my dense puft ranch. I went with @Craigjw's design. 

Pretty much done with the Ranch. Just waiting for some dupes to train into ranchers so i can test it and tweak things.

Should be fully automated for farming meat and oxylite, no duplicant interaction apart from grooming. Only thing that can break it is a 7th dense puft escaping into the main room if the hatcheries end up working too fast. But it should be easy to fix after testing.
image.thumb.png.236fa041a02fd2dbcaa251700bf33f7f.png

Archived