QoL update questions

11 minutes ago, Oni Noob said:

In the QOL update is the rocket breaking the bunker doors when it returned already fixed?

What are the new uses of Regolith? When I last played its quite useless, is there a new update uses for Regolith?

Not sure about the rockets, but regolith is used for 3 things. Feeding Shov Voles, melting into magma and resoldifying into igneous rock to feed to stone hatches and used as filtration medium replacement for sand in stuff like deodorizers and water seives. 

2 hours ago, Oni Noob said:

In the QOL update is the rocket breaking the bunker doors when it returned already fixed?

I believe they still destroy the doors on return. The difference is now you can detect the rocket earlier using the space scanner (up to 200s earlier, same logic as metor storms). The main issue is it might still be too late when the rocket returns during a meteor storm with the scanners uder closed doors.

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

I believe they still destroy the doors on return. The difference is now you can detect the rocket earlier using the space scanner (up to 200s earlier, same logic as metor storms). The main issue is it might still be too late when the rocket returns during a meteor storm with the scanners uder closed doors.

Does it mean you cannot do anything to make the rocket landing and bunker door sync that will prevent the rocket from destroying the bunker doors?

It means that most of the time you can make them open in time but in a rare scenario when the rocket is returning during a meteor rain there is a chance it will get detected too late.

90-95% of the time everything should be fine.

Also the bunker door bug making them open slower off screen is still there.

9 hours ago, Oni Noob said:

Does it mean you cannot do anything to make the rocket landing and bunker door sync that will prevent the rocket from destroying the bunker doors?

I use water drip timers in my rocket automation sequences, they're far more reliable than scanners for timing bunker doors. I still include scanners set to detect the incoming rocket in my setups but they're not what trigger my rocket return sequence.

basically all i got to do is adjust the water drip timer for the trip duration, assign an astronaut to the rocket, flip a switch and then everything from launch to return is automated, including bunker doors and gantries. when the timer runs out the bunker doors are opened allowing the rocket to land and then closed once the rocket is in, assuming one does all their math correctly...

when they system is well tuned the only thing that might go wrong is a meteorite or two make their way thru the opened bunker doors when the rocket is returning, but that's a possibility even when using scanners to open bunker doors.

Archived