My boyfriend cannot join on my server!

So, my boyfriend cannot play with me because a boring issue... 

Well, last month I bought the DST and I send the copy for him and we play togheter... 

So this week he can't join in my world, he remains in the screen with the word "connecting" typet on it. 

Sometimes a message typed "duplicate login - you're already connected on this server". 

What we can do? We are friend in Steam, we live in the same country... 

Sometimes he can join in the server, but after a little time your connection changes from good to bad and he can't play. (It's not your internet connection, since I can hear my boyfriend normally on the call (discord) and he can to hear me normally too...

anybody help me please and sorry for my bad english... T_T

Mmm did you check your hardware devices? http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/1941750-network-and-performance-troubleshooting-guide

Otherwise I'd check background programs like torrent.

I kinda knew this problem. A friend lives in south Germany and I live in the upper part but we had problems with connecting, because he played on a notebook with a wifi shared with roommates. I had trouble joining his world.

17 hours ago, axxel said:

Mmm did you check your hardware devices? http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/1941750-network-and-performance-troubleshooting-guide

Otherwise I'd check background programs like torrent.

I kinda knew this problem. A friend lives in south Germany and I live in the upper part but we had problems with connecting, because he played on a notebook with a wifi shared with roommates. I had trouble joining his world.

I already did it all, I remove background programs and I used my antivirus... I've tried turning off all my mods... Didn't work too... I don't know what I need to do...

43 minutes ago, madyuno said:

I already did it all, I remove background programs and I used my antivirus... I've tried turning off all my mods... Didn't work too... I don't know what I need to do...

Well, could you join his world instead or join an official server together? Also, do you have caves in your world? If you want to play with him without any support from Klei, you should check other possiblities, too. Sometimes programs attempt to upgrade after PC start like anti-virus software but are unable to finish it. It can happen with steam games, too. Another suggestions from me: Try starting the game as an adminstartor. Try re-logging in Steam and start the game from the libary. Create a new, smaller world with some "lower" (like trees and flowers) resources and without caves and pay attention on your server settings. Good luck finding the problem.

On 23/12/2018 at 12:27 PM, axxel said:

Well, could you join his world instead or join an official server together? Also, do you have caves in your world? If you want to play with him without any support from Klei, you should check other possiblities, too. Sometimes programs attempt to upgrade after PC start like anti-virus software but are unable to finish it. It can happen with steam games, too. Another suggestions from me: Try starting the game as an adminstartor. Try re-logging in Steam and start the game from the libary. Create a new, smaller world with some "lower" (like trees and flowers) resources and without caves and pay attention on your server settings. Good luck finding the problem.

it didn't work... I've created a world without caves and my boyfriend cannot join the server...

Is it possible that your boyfriend's computer is not strong enough to run DST? I played the game on my old laptop, and while I was able to play, I had really bad connection and a lot of lag (on the same servers where I had no troubles with my current computer). Maybe that is the problem? Can you both join a dedicated server with a good ping (possibly a Klei Official) to see if you and your boyfriend have good or bad connection there? 

On 24/12/2018 at 12:53 PM, Mattyington said:

Have you tried letting your boyfrriend run the server, and you join him?

Yeah, I can join his server, but with a bad connection... 

On 24/12/2018 at 12:53 PM, Mattyington said:

On 24/12/2018 at 12:54 PM, fimmatek said:

Is it possible that your boyfriend's computer is not strong enough to run DST? I played the game on my old laptop, and while I was able to play, I had really bad connection and a lot of lag (on the same servers where I had no troubles with my current computer). Maybe that is the problem? Can you both join a dedicated server with a good ping (possibly a Klei Official) to see if you and your boyfriend have good or bad connection there? 

uh... I don't know, some days ago my boyfriend has able to join my server, with no lag, no issues... Now we cannot play together, I don't know why :// 

I really want to help you, since you done the things we suggested it does seem you are alright. Maybe you could provide info on your bf? But please check the last thing: Did something happen to your ISP? 

I suspect the problem lies on your bf's side. I don't know if he took a look as you wrote you had checked most of the possibilities. You said something about 'duplicate login' - some players got this after they got forcefully disconnected (like unstable connection). It helps to unplug the router for a couple of minutes if you or his IP is dynamic so the IP can reset. Otherwise you and your bf should try Network commands.

http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Console/Don't_Starve_Together_Commands

On 26/12/2018 at 8:33 AM, axxel said:

I really want to help you, since you done the things we suggested it does seem you are alright. Maybe you could provide info on your bf? But please check the last thing: Did something happen to your ISP? 

I suspect the problem lies on your bf's side. I don't know if he took a look as you wrote you had checked most of the possibilities. You said something about 'duplicate login' - some players got this after they got forcefully disconnected (like unstable connection). It helps to unplug the router for a couple of minutes if you or his IP is dynamic so the IP can reset. Otherwise you and your bf should try Network commands.

http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Console/Don't_Starve_Together_Commands

he also cannot join other servers... I don't know what he need to do. :// 

1 hour ago, madyuno said:

he also cannot join other servers... I don't know what he need to do. :// 

That's the problem. I cannot see through his eyes. Care to share some infos on him? Does he follow this? http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1813164-can-t-connect-to-klei-online-severs-and-dst-account-creation-errors

Also, check the server status: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/service-status/

3 hours ago, axxel said:

That's the problem. I cannot see through his eyes. Care to share some infos on him? Does he follow this? http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1813164-can-t-connect-to-klei-online-severs-and-dst-account-creation-errors

Also, check the server status: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/service-status/

I will talk with him about it later... Well, when I click in this link to check the server status, I saw the following message: " There was an error getting data from the server.. Try again later "

. What does that mean?

Archived