unimportant pillar sound

ucw

When mining an unimportant pillar, and getting all the rocks and things falling from the ceiling, I heard the "magic doorbell" sound.  I don't usually hear that when mining unimportant pillars...  I tested it on others, and didn't hear that sound.  Does it mean something special with an unimportant pillar?  

9 hours ago, dinosaur1831 said:

Mining unimportant pillars can cause secret doorways to open in other rooms.

Now I have reason to mine them -- I usually avoid because they cause scorpions to appear.   

11 minutes ago, magia said:

do you trap your scorpions?

um... not yet.  Do you use a basic rabbit trap?  I have used those to capture Pikos.  What a great idea...  you could kill them for monster meat or poison gland, or that shell casing (can't remember the name.)  Do you do anything else with trapped scorpions?  

31 minutes ago, ucw said:

um... not yet.  Do you use a basic rabbit trap?  I have used those to capture Pikos.  What a great idea...  you could kill them for monster meat or poison gland, or that shell casing (can't remember the name.)  Do you do anything else with trapped scorpions?  

Yes, the basic rabbit trap. Scorpions are like spiders so instakill, but being able to kill them so easly made me actually fight them instead of running. I just collect shells for mantsuit or monster meat for snack(Willba)/meatballs/feeding that carnivore plant.

Archived