The Cutlass Supreme for Hamlet. Your Thoughts?

Klei might have something planned like this already, but what about a Cutlass Supreme for hamlet? I know you can buy the sword in shops, but I mean a high-damage weapon, with a damage boost for a specific boss.

Consider this:
They Royal Rapier! A sword of the civilized world! Dealing a respectable 60 damage with each swing, and dealing 34 extra damage to a certain boss.
Recipe: 1x Flytrap Stalk, 2x Alloy and 1x Weevole Carapace

Personally I like the idea of a weapon dealing extra damage to certain enemy, would love to see this reappear in Hamlet.
Preferably I'd see this affect apply to the Woman Queen and her Warriors. But any other boss would be neat I guess.

But I dunno maybe I am just being unreasonable. I don't know the reason the Cutlass do extra damage to the Sealnado, so I can't make the same argument for other bosses.
Do any of you guys know why the Cutlass is the bane to the Sealnado? If you know, please tell me!
Also, do any of you guys have a suggestion for a weapon like this?

I like the idea of unique weapon. But I don't like the execution you suggest.

What about rapier allowing you to lunge? You could right click to aim and then left click like it was in forge, or just right click on enemy right away! Lunge could deal more damage, maybe even stun enemy for a short time, but recovering from attack would take longer so it isn't really an option if fighting more than just one enemy. 
 Kinda crappy suggestion from my side but something like this, not particulary, is what I want to see. They tried something new adding cork bat, but it's still boring imo. Higher damage, longer attack swing.

20 hours ago, Maslak said:

I like the idea of unique weapon. But I don't like the execution you suggest.

What about rapier allowing you to lunge? You could right click to aim and then left click like it was in forge, or just right click on enemy right away! Lunge could deal more damage, maybe even stun enemy for a short time, but recovering from attack would take longer so it isn't really an option if fighting more than just one enemy. 
 Kinda crappy suggestion from my side but something like this, not particulary, is what I want to see. They tried something new adding cork bat, but it's still boring imo. Higher damage, longer attack swing.

I am not too sure a dash attack would be that useful. Although it it deals more than 60 damage, a dash move could kill multiple Rapid Beetles in a single strike.

Maybe worth considering. But I do want to know why the extra damage was granted to the Cutlass...

1 hour ago, TheMetalMan said:

I am not too sure a dash attack would be that useful. Although it it deals more than 60 damage, a dash move could kill multiple Rapid Beetles in a single strike.

Maybe worth considering. But I do want to know why the extra damage was granted to the Cutlass...

can anybody find out if swordfish hunt seals or tornados?

I'm pretty sure swordfish eat smaller fish, also octopuses (octopii?). Sometimes they fight bigger fish before eating them, too.

This bonus is kinda weird and out of the blue. It's generally the best melee weapon in the game imo, bonus damage or not. It's like darksword but without sanity drain and it's easier to farm (well this is more of an opinion I guess, you can farm fuel efortlessly in ruins and logs are common).

16 hours ago, Maslak said:

I'm pretty sure swordfish eat smaller fish, also octopuses (octopii?). Sometimes they fight bigger fish before eating them, too.

This bonus is kinda weird and out of the blue. It's generally the best melee weapon in the game imo, bonus damage or not. It's like darksword but without sanity drain and it's easier to farm (well this is more of an opinion I guess, you can farm fuel efortlessly in ruins and logs are common).

and it has more durability

On 12/10/2018 at 12:14 PM, TheMetalMan said:

Klei might have something planned like this already, but what about a Cutlass Supreme for hamlet? I know you can buy the sword in shops, but I mean a high-damage weapon, with a damage boost for a specific boss.

Consider this:
They Royal Rapier! A sword of the civilized world! Dealing a respectable 60 damage with each swing, and dealing 34 extra damage to a certain boss.
Recipe: 1x Flytrap Stalk, 2x Alloy and 1x Weevole Carapace

Personally I like the idea of a weapon dealing extra damage to certain enemy, would love to see this reappear in Hamlet.
Preferably I'd see this affect apply to the Woman Queen and her Warriors. But any other boss would be neat I guess.

But I dunno maybe I am just being unreasonable. I don't know the reason the Cutlass do extra damage to the Sealnado, so I can't make the same argument for other bosses.
Do any of you guys know why the Cutlass is the bane to the Sealnado? If you know, please tell me!
Also, do any of you guys have a suggestion for a weapon like this?

stats need to be pretty high or something special 

speed bonus like club 

70 damage I want a weapon that does more than 68

200 swings

pierces through armor which could be used on pugalisk or guards to ignore the scales or wood armor

also I think a better recipe would be 

2x Gold 2x Alloy 1x Flytrap stalk 1x some weird special item 

On 12/11/2018 at 10:24 AM, TheMetalMan said:

But I do want to know why the extra damage was granted to the Cutlass...

swords name after a car

cars are effective against giant tornado seals?

Archived