Additional Trophies

I’ve had platinum since March 2017 and don’t have much to do in my worlds. I think Klei should add additional trophies with updates, such as a gold trophy for killing the ancient fuelweaver. It also helps with identifying an experienced player, as your average player hasn’t killed a boss like fuelweaver.

I do agree that there is not many trophies in PS4 but this is not an issue at all. Do you play only for trophies or to have fun? And what is the point of identifying if a player is experienced? If you play with a friend and that friend is defeating let's say Dragonfly you also get the trophy even without hitting the boss once, does that mean that you are experienced because you have the trophy?

I play for both, but trophies give a game more of a reason to play. Only 0.3% of people have platinum for this game, but I know some people that have it because they were carried by other people for it. Being carried for ancient fuelweaver, although possible, is still going to be hard to do as the ancient ruins aren’t the easiest thing to navigate (especially without an understanding of the game). Also if I put this in a bug section or something, I’m sorry but this is my first ever time using a forum. I just think trophies would make the game feel fresh again, but maybe that’s just me.

And soon there will be a trophies requested even for picking up a first grass or a twig... The trophy system is there as addition, think of it as a cherry on a cake. I would prefer to see them putting more content in the game instead of concentrating on things like that because nobody buys a cake just for the cherry. It's not like I don't agree with you, I do think there should be a trophy for each boss in the game instead of lets say exchange items in the inn or something like that. But it's a bit too late for that, you cannot take away somebody's Platinum and also like I said before that is not a measure of if somebody is experienced player or not.

2 hours ago, Pebrot said:

and the respective statues for each would be lovely too

That is a great idea on which they should be concentrating on instead :)

One thing about it though... Minecraft, another survival game, releases expansion packs with easy trophies and their updates. It’s what made me even think of additional trophies being added to the game. I’m not saying platinum needs to be taken away. In Minecraft, there’s an expansion pack for killing the Wither, which at the time of expansion pack’s release, was a new boss.

0F36FADB-DFA1-464B-B983-7EE499FECDA5.jpeg

C0BC714F-837C-4124-A244-BA196798CEA3.jpeg

As an avid trophy hunter myself I definitely wouldn't turn down a few additions to come with the content updates, but if I'm being honest I don't see it happening. I seem to recall Klei not being overly fond of the concept of trophies and achievements. It's why they added the accomploshrine trophy where you had to use it like 725 times in the single player version right? I was surprised by the full trophy list, platinum included, with Don't Starve Together so it's already more than I was expecting.

In any case, I feel like they already have an excellent system to encourage returned play with the weekly drops. I earned the Platinum at the start of the year and I'm still playing, which is something that hasn't happened with aaaaaaaany other game in the past 5-10 years. (Much love for you and this game Klei, SOOOO much love.)

This is one of the few games I continue to play after platinum, but the weekly drops aren’t really enough for me. I get them in about 3 days and then have the rest of the week of nothing. Sometimes I won’t play in a week because I feel what you get from them just aren’t worth it. Especially how it’s just random chance as to whether you'll get a chest of stuff or buckled gloves.

Archived