Modding Advice: Is there a way to lower the positioning of hats a custom character wears?

I recently built a new custom character, but due to preference of height, the hats sort of hover over the character's head? Is it possible that there's a code where I can override wear a hat would typically sit for a single character? Like something that goes in the modmain.lua?

Thanks

On 7.12.2018 at 2:36 AM, Dingbat1991 said:

I recently built a new custom character, but due to preference of height, the hats sort of hover over the character's head? Is it possible that there's a code where I can override wear a hat would typically sit for a single character? Like something that goes in the modmain.lua?

Thanks

If you are using extended sample character mod then this is regular issue as the head is too small in there. most of the custom chars aviable in the workshop are using this template also. The only fix for this is to adjust the character sprites in the spriter

Edited by Parusoid

On 12/8/2018 at 3:23 AM, Parusoid said:

If you are using extended sample character mod then this is regular issue as the head is too small in there. most of the custom chars aviable in the workshop are using this template also. The only fix for this is to adjust the character sprites in the spriter

Yes and No?

I only used the sample character as a reference to trace over. The character in question is completely drawn out from scratch. His head is big enough and if I had moved the head upwards, the hat would likely be fine.

HOWEVER, I find that the default torso is too tall for my liking, so I made that shorter, and brought the head down so the head doesn't hover over the neck. If there really isn't any way of adjusting the positioning of the hat (not scale) I'm fine with that. I'd rather the hat just hover than for my character to be out-of-model.

Oh, I must've mistakenly posted this in DST. I'm playing regular Don't Starve. Is there a difference?

Edited by Dingbat1991

You can't reposition parts of the body, unless you'll figure out a way to draw them on already existing layers in which they won't look bad during animations.

Dragging symbols around in a sample animation won't change anything.

You're replacing images in all Don't Starve's player animations. So you either need to re-design the character to make it fit them or figure out a way to implement your art through trial and error until you "get it right".