• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

[DST] Status Announcements 2.12.1

1 Screenshot

About This File

Status Announcements is a mod that lets you alt+click various parts of the HUD to announce in chat things related to them. Controllers can announce stuff too, and the buttons for announcing show up on the HUD elements you would alt+click when in Inventory or Crafting mode. You can also find this mod on the Steam Workshop.

Things you can announce:

• Current hunger/health/sanity/wetness/log/temperature status. Alt+clicking your health badge will announce "I'm in perfect health!" if your health is full, or "I'm mortally wounded!" if it's very low. Sanity and hunger have different announcements specific to them ("AAAH! Stay back, beasts of darkness!"). Announcing temperature requires Combined Status.
  • Craftable items in the craft tabs. If you know how to build it and you have the supplies, it will announce that you'll make one. If you don't know how to build it, it will ask if someone can make you one (e.g. you have a Wickerbottom and no science machine yet, and you want her to make you a backpack). If you know how to make one, but don't have the supplies for it, it will say "We need more [craftable]s". You can also announce skins for items you have.
  • Ingredients for crafted items. Let's say night is falling and you have two twigs and one grass. Alt+clicking the grass in the torch recipe will announce "I need 1 more cut grass for a torch.".
  • Items in your inventory and backpack. Since alt+click already does something for these, you'll have to hold down shift as well. This will announce that you have the item, and how many: "I have 10 dragonpies."
  • Items in chests or other containers. This works the same way as inventory ones, but will announce something like "We have 8 dragonpies here in this icebox".

By default, these are all whispered-- only displayed over your head-- but holding control in addition to the other modifiers will enter it into global chat. For controllers, hold Menu Misc 3, which by default is left-stick-click.

Character mods can add their own quotes if they want. You don't need to worry about mod load order, just add the quotes to GLOBAL.STRINGS._STATUS_ANNOUNCEMENTS. See announcestrings.lua in the files for this mod on the format of the announcement strings. Make sure that you check if the table exists, and if not, make an empty one before adding your strings.

Thanks to everyone who helped me writing lines for this mod:

• Silentdarkness, SuperPsiPower, OSMRhodey, AceMurdock, and Lying Cake for writing character-specific strings for English
  • Vinicius Araújo for translating to Brazilian Portuguese
  • GoforDream and Shang for translating to Chinese
  • Gum for translating to Spanish
  • deshkas and Shiro for translating (partially) to Russian
  • Redhead for translating to German
  • AFS for translating to Korean

What's New in Version 2.10.2   See changelog

Released

• Fix a crash that could happen with modded backpacks (it may announce fewer items than you actually have as a result, but that's better than crashing)
  • Fix a crash when announcing stats on modded characters that don't have custom messages.
  • Improvement to pulling in strings defined by other mods that run before this.
  • Thanks 2
  • Sanity 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This is amazing. Not very useful to veterans, but interesting non-the-less!

Did you make the wispers optional? (as in, mod config menu)

• Like 2

@Mobbstar the mod config menu doesn't work right now (or the mod screen in general). Right now the way it works is it whispers if you just hold alt, and globally announces if you also hold control.

• Like 1

This looks wonderful (Will try later) I'm curious though are you able to shout the values for health etc?

@Yoyoto Yes, you can do it in global chat. It doesn't say exact values, though. I added a configuration option for shouting by default in the last version.

Can someone please trade me a key for anything they desire under 25$ in steam? email me giorgialvarez@gmail.com

This mod is pretty sweet. I'd be more than glad to change the status announcement quotes to something that fits the characters' motifs though.

If you don't mind :3

@Silentdarkness1, If you have ideas for character-specific quotes, go ahead and write them and I'll incorporate them. There might be an officially integrated version of that happening in the near future, though.

but where do i download the files to? you said "To install mods in DST, you need to change the following line in Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/settings.ini:

#MODS_ENABLED = true

Remove the #, so it looks like this:

MODS_ENABLED = true

Note that you have to do this while the game is closed, otherwise it overwrites the file."

so where i need to download the files, and do i need to download all files? sorry i never downloaded any mod.

@shigad, It'll probably be easier for you to use the Steam Workshop, then. There you just subscribe, then open up the mods menu and it'll download it for you.

If you want to use the forums, then you need to put the unzipped folder in the mods folder, which should be somewhere like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\mods

It could just be me, but I'm having trouble opening up the .zip; it gives an error saying the archive is in unknown format/damaged.

I've tried opening it with different programs (default windows explorer, winrar, 7zip)

@karate322, Not just you, it was broken when I just downloaded it. Not sure what happened there, but I reuploaded the same zip and it works when I download it now.

• Like 1

amazing mod! any chance you could make a translation?

I'd love to have this mod in Russian! I can provide you translated strings for it.

pretty please? :3