About This File
A VERY INCOMPLETE character mod that needs some critique and assistance.
This mod adds The Warden from AdultSwim's "Superjail!" as a selectable character for Don't Starve.
This mod is both DLC and standard mode compatible.
Warden is a strange man obsessed with his own twisted ideas of incarceration... and then suddenly he found himself imprisoned in the wilderness!
- Immune to fire damage, but can overheat.
- Dapper, but only gains a tiny dapperness bonus due to his lack of sanity.
- Spawns with a custom top hat. He doesn't have to wear his hat, but he comes with it anyway.
- Can also make a 'bunny hat' (mostly for gag purposes) which drops your already low sanity.
I borrowed a lot of dialog from various characters (Willow, Wilson and Webber mostly), but he's got plenty of custom dialog. If anyone is knowledgeable of the show or the character, feel free to send better dialog suggestions.
The following are WIP/bugs to fix/ideas I have for the future:
- Cave dialog has been mostly untouched (I haven't really explored down there). In the next update I'll be sure to take a trip down and customize the dialog properly.
- Small art fix ups on the main ANIM files
- Perhaps the bunny hat could prevent rabbits from running away? That way it gives the hat more use than just a gag? I don't know... I'm thinking about it. Also when the hat is being warn I need the flies to come on and when the hat is all used up I want the hat to turn into rot. These are simple little things I'm sure I can figure out myself, eventually.
- I was hoping to add some magical bonuses? I'm not quite sure how or what but he does seem to have strange magical abilities and a magic bonus of some sort would be neat.
- I am working on giving him a craftable companion: Jailbot! It may take me awhile because I am new to modding. Any advice in that would be cool, since I kind of wanted to do a custom build for it.
- When Don't Starve Together comes around I hope to make them compatible.
Finally, and most important, please let me know if you run into any bugs or have suggestions on making him a balanced character/sending me more ideas.
((This mod was created in response to a very long Wilson Higgsbury "magic! anon" on my tumblr ask blog, TopHatTrio. Thus, WARDEN is part of a set. I decided to upload him separately in case people may not want the other two.
Huge shout out to the anonymous person that introduced me to the game. And to everyone else, please enjoy!))