• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

[WIP] The Warden (THT gift) 1.0

8 Screenshots

About This File

A VERY INCOMPLETE character mod that needs some critique and assistance.

This mod adds The Warden from AdultSwim's "Superjail!" as a selectable character for Don't Starve.

This mod is both DLC and standard mode compatible.

~~

Warden is a strange man obsessed with his own twisted ideas of incarceration... and then suddenly he found himself imprisoned in the wilderness!

STATS:

Health 200

Hunger 150

Sanity 65

- Immune to fire damage, but can overheat.

- Dapper, but only gains a tiny dapperness bonus due to his lack of sanity.

- Spawns with a custom top hat. He doesn't have to wear his hat, but he comes with it anyway.

- Can also make a 'bunny hat' (mostly for gag purposes) which drops your already low sanity.

I borrowed a lot of dialog from various characters (Willow, Wilson and Webber mostly), but he's got plenty of custom dialog. If anyone is knowledgeable of the show or the character, feel free to send better dialog suggestions.

~~

The following are WIP/bugs to fix/ideas I have for the future:

- Cave dialog has been mostly untouched (I haven't really explored down there). In the next update I'll be sure to take a trip down and customize the dialog properly.

- Small art fix ups on the main ANIM files

- Perhaps the bunny hat could prevent rabbits from running away? That way it gives the hat more use than just a gag? I don't know... I'm thinking about it. Also when the hat is being warn I need the flies to come on and when the hat is all used up I want the hat to turn into rot. These are simple little things I'm sure I can figure out myself, eventually.

- I was hoping to add some magical bonuses? I'm not quite sure how or what but he does seem to have strange magical abilities and a magic bonus of some sort would be neat.

- I am working on giving him a craftable companion: Jailbot! It may take me awhile because I am new to modding. Any advice in that would be cool, since I kind of wanted to do a custom build for it.

- When Don't Starve Together comes around I hope to make them compatible.

Finally, and most important, please let me know if you run into any bugs or have suggestions on making him a balanced character/sending me more ideas.

~~

NOTE:

((This mod was created in response to a very long Wilson Higgsbury "magic! anon" on my tumblr ask blog, TopHatTrio. Thus, WARDEN is part of a set. I decided to upload him separately in case people may not want the other two.

But if you do, then here they are: / PROFESSOR LAYTON / ONCELER /

Huge shout out to the anonymous person that introduced me to the game. And to everyone else, please enjoy!))

• Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

If I were you I would finish first one mod only before doing other chaacters ...

Yeah, that probably would of been a wiser idea... I guess I wanted to post them as a set rather than separates?

Next time, I will probably focus on each individually as they are updated rather than update them all at once... for my own sanity...

This-this is truly unreal! I'm taking it. It's mine now. The world will crumble.

Thank you for this mod. I hoped someone out there would do it.

As an artistic critique that is solely from my fan side, would you please round the character model's chin? If you don't want to do it, I will do so and send it to you if you want.

Forgive me for being new and stupid, but where do I save this to make it work?

The 'mods' folder I would assume. ( C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\dont_starve\mods )

This-this is truly unreal! I'm taking it. It's mine now. The world will crumble.

Thank you for this mod. I hoped someone out there would do it.

As an artistic critique that is solely from my fan side, would you please round the character model's chin? If you don't want to do it, I will do so and send it to you if you want.

Thanks greatly!

And yeah I was thinking about that too, the main ANIM files for all of them need a little tweaking. (Warden's will be the toughest for me as in the photoshop file I accidentally merged his face and his eyes together when originally they were on separate layers, but rounding the chin out shouldn't be too hard, haha)

Is there a way for it/either of them to work with Don't Starve Together? I get errors when I try to load the mods.

Otherwise, I really love these - a LOT! You did a great job!

Hello, I was wondering if me and my friends could finish and port this mod over to don't starve together. We'll of course give you credit when we are finished. My friends are huge superjail fans. ^^

Hello, I was wondering if me and my friends could finish and port this mod over to don't starve together. We'll of course give you credit when we are finished. My friends are huge superjail fans. ^^

Actually, I was hoping to create a DST version of this mod, but I wanted to complete him first for Don't Starve first (since he's incomplete in his current state). Though, if you're interested in helping me with code/converting him into a DST character, I would be willing to accept help on that. And I'm glad you like him! :)