• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Wisp, Wynter and Wei. 4.1

9 Screenshots

About This File

Three kitty character pack! RoG compatible! Adorable custom sounds!

WISP: the Stray -

Health - 100

Hunger - 100 (drains somewhat slowly)

Sanity - 150 (drains slow at night)

She's a fighter and has the attack speed and damage to show for it! She's also not too picky about the food she eats and can eat monster meat no prob.

WYNTER: the Longhair -

Health - 250

Hunger - 300

Sanity - 100

Slooow, but strong. Has a super thick coat of hair to keep her extra warm (with three sprites for each level of growth after shaven)

WEI: the Housecat -

Health - 75

Hunger - 150

Sanity - 25

Has 'nightvision', so he's never REALLY in the dark, but is neurotic and paranoid, so he has pitiful sanity, anyway, but comes a little prepared for trouble. Weak but very fast. Can't stand stale food!

ALL CHARACTERS:

- They all have a shavable coat of fur that grows back over time. Winter has loads of fur, Wisp has a good amount, Wei has basically nothing. Winter starts out with a full coat, Wisp and Wei still need to grow theirs out on new game start.

- As cats, they're all supercarnivores, which means they eat almost solely meat. They'll eat cooked meals with meats and non-meats in them, but won't eat just berries or corn or things of the like, so get hunting!

-Each have their own unique sounds and dialogue! Note: there are a couple of lines of dialogue that aren't meows (like when you click on a gravestone) because they simply weren't in the standard speech file and I need to go hunt for them to change them :U

NOTES:

-Future plans will likely add a handful of craft-able items, most of which are to be determined.

-If anyone has any thoughts or ideas on balancing or other additions, feel free to voice them! Irrelevant of whether or not I add any suggestions, I'll still take them into consideration and they may affect changes I add later

-I've been told that eating monster meat without penalty simply doesn't work in the base game, only with RoG, but you can still eat stale food without problem with Wisp.

-Sounds courtesy of www.freesound.org

-Super duper thanks to everyone that helped me find stupid errors and code that I didn't know. <3

What's New in Version 4.1   See changelog

Released

• V.4.1
  • Updated for Shipwrecked
  •  
  • v2.0
  • -Minor Tweaks to Wisp's skills
  • -Added Wynter and Wei 
  •  
  • V1.4
  • Due to requests and for the ease of newer players:
  • - lowered hunger rate, she still needs to eat the same amount, just not as often.
  • - made stale food have no drawbacks, no health or nutritional minuses anymore!
  • - increased speed a smidge. Just a smidge.
  • - Small increase in max sanity.
  •  
  • V1.3 Altered hair to grow loads and be shaven in five days.
  •  
  • V1.2 Fixed missing line in prefab file, causing non-RoG games to crash. Also updated .tex files to ARGB and edited a couple missed speech lines
  •  
  • V1.0 Initial version.

cats 4.1.rar

• Like 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

everytime i try to enable it, and its enabled right when i exit the mods tab, and i go to the mods tab again and it says its not enabled. I enabled it again and when i go to the characters when i was making a game wisp does not show up?? why is that. Sorry for bad english

• Like 2

i don't think she's quite strong enough to get the food required for his all meat diet. unlike wigfred he can be downed in two or three shots from pigmen or even catcoons. just trying to give some feedback i don't think she's very balanced.

(i think the idea is amazing though)

everytime i try to enable it, and its enabled right when i exit the mods tab, and i go to the mods tab again and it says its not enabled. I enabled it again and when i go to the characters when i was making a game wisp does not show up?? why is that. Sorry for bad english

to bad so sad, it crashes as soon as i apply the mod =(

Try again with the latest version!

Thanks a lot. I like cat.

There are 3 wisp.rar in the download. Which one is the newest?

yeah this. you should name your files "Wisp [version].rar". Also do i get this right that the char can eat any meat without health or sanity loss?

Thanks a lot. I like cat.

There are 3 wisp.rar in the download. Which one is the newest?

yeah this. you should name your files "Wisp [version].rar". Also do i get this right that the char can eat any meat without health or sanity loss?

Sorry about that, for whatever reason I just assumed it would be obvious in the downloads. Latest version is now uploaded as "wisp 1.4" and presumably all previous versions are in relative order.

Yes, Wisp can eat monster meat without drain in sanity. She can also eat stale meats without problems, too. She just doesn't give a hoot about her meats.

This mod crashes EVERYTIME i try to activate it, and all the files crashes.

Uh, did you download the latest version? The original couple versions were crashing with the base game. The two newest versions (v1.4 or v2.0) work fine with both RoG and the base game.

If it's crashing on the latest version, I suggest enabling/disabling small textures in the game options. If it's STILL crashing, then there's probably a conflicting mod; try disabling all other mods to see if it fixes the problem. If not, idk, I'd need more information about your game and the crashing.

So, I downloaded the newest version, but only Wisp shows up? Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw that the 4.0 didn't have the other kitties in the folder so I downloaded 2.0 instead.

I think I may have just thought of a way to fix the problem with it not being able to have  monsterimmune without rog.

I think I may have just thought of a way to fix the problem with it not being able to have  monsterimmune without rog.

You. You will need to talk to me later... *_*

I have some problem. Not big, but i really would like to have it fixed. ?id=dddf7c6 In the characters menu, the wisps image is just black spot. Same with steam, and klei forum mods. Even then i turn off other mods (and i have only character ones). 

It can not work

Have used 2,0, and 1,4 - both have the same prob. Steam version - too.