• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

6 Screenshots

About This File

Was asked to upload this here, was formerly only on Steam.

NOW RoG COMPATIBLE!

ABOUT-

Devon is really just a character from a personal project that I like to make for most games. He's a fast and nimble, but he can't take a hit worth a damn. He's also fairly insane as it is, suffering from hallucinations of a near-death experience, so he fit pretty well into Don't Starve.

DEVON -

Health=50

Hunger=100 (drains slowly)

Sanity=50 (drains quickly at night)

Devon is a greedy bastard and very specially trained as a thief and hunter - it's pretty much all he can do. He's extremely quick and lightfooted, but he's very weak and, honestly, stupid. During a robbery, he was near-fatally injured by a trap, which triggered a near-death experience involving an enormous endless, centipedal boar that crushed him in it's worm-like prehensile hairs. Since then, he has been plagued by hallucinations and paranoia of the memory. Funfact: Devon is also an elf, a HIGHLY misanthropic one. Wholly convinced that elves are totally worthless, he attempts to hide his race with concealing clothing, a specially implanted beard, and, during a drunken dispair, by cutting the ends of his ears off.

BIRDY-

Devon's specially trained pet that helps him steal **** and keeps him company. She is his best friend and he keeps her from any danger for fear of losing her. He never goes anywhere without his Birdy.

She can be worn as a hat for a significant sanity boost. She also offers an even higher sanity boost when placed on the ground and stood near, but the radius is very small, so you need to cuddle up close. This most recent version has added a tiny warmth bonus from her fluffy bird butt when worn.

Other art and comics and poop I have related to Devon:

Devon's Pillow Book (A.K.A.: being exceptionally nerdy with Morrowind)

Art blog / Art Site

POSSIBLE BUGS/CRASH FIXES:

-Possible bug related to small textures. If it's crashing to desktop and you have this on, you might want to try turning it off.

-If playing just the base game and experiencing crashes, you might also want to try an older copy of the mod (it's functionally the same as V1.1.1, just not updated to API 4), some people have found it worked for them ¯\(°_o)/¯ :

http://www.hypotheticrealist.com/DevonV101.rar

What's New in Version 2.1   See changelog

Released

• V2.1 Dialogue tweaks.
  • V2.0 Updated for RoG. Added minimap icons for Devon and Birdy. Tweaks for Birdy, better sanity boosts & tiny warmth boost.
  • V1.1.1 Original upload

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

If you have Mini Tools installed and you ever use the speed boost key, as soon as you go back to normal speed devon will lose his own speed and go back to the average one.

Why don't u update it on steam?

Devon's birdy doesn't work on my DLC

It's not currently compatible with the RoG DLC, either making it not work at all or making Birdy not function properly. 

I'm currently working on an update for it, so it'll be compatible sometime soon!

He should be strong, but, with just some weapons like, daggers or throwing knives, this would make him a little better, but just with these weapons, but there should be "tiers" of those weapons(like the tools, but maybe with more tiers), and tjose weapons should atack faster( sorry for my bad english)

one more thing, is Birdy alive? If yes, my Birdy don't move, and if not, why not? it would be cool if she help on fighting, bring itens and such.

Would it be possible to also make him grow a beard with birdy or no? I've been trying to make that happen but i have no idea what im doing

I absolutely love this character. Period. I immediately had to follow your tumblrs! Great work on the mod but even better work on Devon himself. ♥

Hmmm... looks REALLY fragile... but the fact that he's into "ravenonry" (falconry... with a raven) plus the effort you put in the appearance (the aesthetic is REALLY similar to an original game character, COOL!) makes him a really interesting character to play with (but i'll prefer a 75 hunger + sanity...'cause it's REALLY hard to play with the actual values)

OH DANG IT! let's give him a try, whatever! what possibly could go wrong?