• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Equivalent Exchange v2 (SW Compatible) v2.9.5

1 Screenshot

About This File

Equivalent Exchange v2

(SW Compatible)

Redesigned version of the original Equivalent Exchange mod. This mod allows you to convert different items into each other.

Basics:

Every item in game has an EMC value, a hidden "matter" energy, which can be converted to other items using an Alchemy and Exchanging Chests.

Changed Science Machine:

You can "give" items to a Science Machine to see, how much EMC is the item worth. Doing that will not consume the item. The machine outputs two values (248/300 EMC for ex.) - the first one is the EMC value you could get if you exchanged that stack of items right now. This value is affected by stack size, durability, freshness, internal EMC buffer etc. The second value is the actual EMC value of the item, not taking stack size or durability, etc. into account.

Changed Alchemy Engine:

You can give items to an Alchemy Engine, and they will be converted into EMC energy items (Golden nuggets, Dark Matter, etc.)

Alchemical Chest:

Because putting single items into the Alchemy Engine gets old and tedious pretty quick, there is an Alchemical Chest, which converts items placed in its inventory into Golden Nuggets.

Exchanging Chest:

An upgraded version of Alchemical Chest, the Exchanging Chest is able to convert the items in it's inventory into target item. Target item must be placed in the upper, target slot and enough EMC energy in form of other items needs to be provided.

Alchemical Researcher:

Spoiler

Alchemical Researcher will create blueprints of given items. Put the item you want the blueprint of in the upper slot, put 3 golden nuggets in the bottom (cost) slot, close the inventory and wait for the blueprint !

You can get a random blueprint when researching Knowledge Fragments - you can find more info under the 'Knowledge Fragment' spoiler.

Upgrading Chests:

Spoiler

You can upgrade Alchemical and Exchanging Chests by putting one Gold/Dark Nugget in each slot of the chest, and reopening it. Gold/Dark Nuggets will be consumed in the process...

Alchemy Chest is upgradeable with Gold Nuggets.

Exchanging Chest is upgradeable with Dark Nuggets.

After upgrading, chests will be exchanging items faster and, instead of dropping gold/items on the ground, they will store them directly in its own inventory.

Philosopher's Stone:

Spoiler

Philosopher's Stone can exchange EMC energy on-the-go. It also can be used as EMC energy storage unit. Simply place EMC energy storage item (such as Golden Nugget, Dark Matter, etc.) in it, close it and energy will be exchanged, sorted and stored. It can also exchange non-EMC energy storage item (any other item), but this process is MUCH slower than the first one. It's mainly used as a EMC storage for travel. Also, caring Philosopher's Stone in inventory causes killed creatures to drop "Energy Orbs". They have 50% chance of doing this.

Knowledge Fragment:

Spoiler

Knowledge Fragment, is an item, that can drop from almost any creature (including rabbits and birds). You can put it in Alchemical Researcher, and get a random blueprint out of it. There is a 75% chance, that it will be an EE blueprint. This allows you to for ex. make silk in spider-less worlds. If you research all EE recipes, you can use it to get any other blueprint in game. Like all other items, it contains some EMC energy inside, but it cannot be exchanged - killing creatures is the only way to get it.

Keep in mind, that this is a pretty rare item - creatures like rabbits and birds have a 0.1% (0.001 or 1/1000) chance of dropping it, so it beats 'Krampus Sack' (which has 1% (0.01 or 1/100) chance of dropping from Krampus). Chances of dropping Knowledge Fragment increases with creature difficulty.

Lightning Sword:

Spoiler

A very powerful (and expensive) sword, that can catch lightnings from the sky:

- Infinite durability

- Discharged does 50 damage

- Charged - based on percentage usage - up to 150 damage

- Super Charged - 150 damage, and ability to kill ANY creature with single lightning burst

Energy Bearing Item Tiers:

- Energy Orb - 1/40 Golden Nugget

- Golden Nugget

- Dark Matter - 20 Golden Nuggets

- Red Matter - 20 Dark Matters

- Miniature Black Hole - 20 Red Matters

Mod is crashing/not working, what I should do ?

Spoiler

If EE is crashing/not working/automatically disables itself etc., try these steps:

- Check if your mod is up to date - the issue you are experiencing may be fixed in latest update

- You can have an older version of the game - try changing the "api_version" value to 5 or 4 and trying again. "api_version" value can be found in 'modinfo.lua' file inside 'EE' folder. You can open that file with any text editor (ex. notepad)

- If you do the steps above and it's still not working/crashes etc., leave a comment below. It will be appreciated to post your log.txt and/or screen from crash along with, it really helps resolving the problem.

Compatibilities:

Spoiler

- Mod is compatible with older versions of the game

- Mod is compatible with RoG DLC

- versions 2.9.0+ should be compatible with SW DLC, if it's not, just let me know

- Mod is compatible with other mods (in most cases)

- Mod supports custom items (mod items) EMC values

Changing EMC values:

Spoiler

If you find that EMC values are to high/low, you can change EMC values modifier in "EE/tuning.lua"

If you have mod that has items that don't have EMC values, let me know and I will add it to the list :D

Mod is fully compatible with "RoG" and "SW" DLC !

Any bug report will be appreciated, if you find any, please leave a comment below !

What's New in Version v2.9.5   See changelog

Released

• v2.9.5:
  • - fixed the Alchemical Researcher not giving blueprints sometimes
  • - fixed an issue with items having 0 EMC value not getting removed/processed correctly
  • - fixed many other non-significant errors I found in my own 3 year old code
  • - all mod items now float on water, this prevents you from losing very valuable materials (animation is broken/missing right now, I need someone who knows how to add 'on-water' animation)
  • - added Red Matter Multitool - red matter axe, pickaxe and shovel in one tool, craftable under EE Misc tab
  • - added Knowledge Fragment drop chances to all SW DLC mobs and bosses
  • - added missing EMC values for SW DLC items
  • - more balancing of EMC values (again)
  • - I'm making this a new, SW DLC stable release, thus removing v2.8.6 from download
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 13.01.2016 at 2:37 AM, NakedClown said:

its not working ....any fix? it crashes every time

I don't own a Shipwrecker DLC (I have bought the game on Humble Bundle), so I can't test my mod if it's working or not. Without testing I can't do anything about the crashes, sorry :-/ I'll try to get the Shipwrecker DLC somehow...

I have the latest update i think. 2.8.6 But on the mod menu it is saying that it is out of date any help?

Kinda cool, although i don't use it since i discovered how easily anything can be made since each monster meat is 150EMC, :p

So proud of you DevilXD! You've done so well with this mod, you truley are an inspiration to myself and new modders.

Thank you to everyone who has helped DevilXD develop such an astounding mod :) 

Keep up the good work hun and Dziękuję Ci :)

• Like 1

I've recently started a youtube series on this mod. I have a basic explanation of the mod and am going deeper into it but i need some more information on the mod. I am about 25 ish days in and have an alchemical chest and an exchanging chest. If anyone has time, could you watch some of my videos and tell me how to improve as I am at the point where I am really struggling. It is the middle of winter, so I really need help! Here's my channel link : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOzuWSOaQQuDJxC2f-AW3Cw

Thanks! :)

• Like 1

On 23.08.2016 at 0:35 PM, RandomTeenZDan said:

I've recently started a youtube series on this mod. I have a basic explanation of the mod and am going deeper into it but i need some more information on the mod. I am about 25 ish days in and have an alchemical chest and an exchanging chest. If anyone has time, could you watch some of my videos and tell me how to improve as I am at the point where I am really struggling. It is the middle of winter, so I really need help! Here's my channel link : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOzuWSOaQQuDJxC2f-AW3Cw

Thanks! :)

Hi there, I've recently watched some of your videos and I really liked them :) I've been away from Don't Starve for quite a while and I've learned a lot about modding and other Lua related stuff. After watching your videos, I saw what mechanics could be improved and/or changed, and I'm coming back with a mod update (see the changelog), so grab the new version and keep that good work up ;)

Also, as requested, I have couple of tips for you :) :

1. Alchemical Engine can be used as early game Alchemical chest - see 'Changed Alchemical Engine' in mod description
  2. Science Machine can tell you some very useful informations - see 'Changed Science Machine' in mod description
  3. You can use 'Dark Nuggets' (not Dark Matter) to upgrade the Exchanging Chest - see 'Upgrading Chests' in mod description
  4. Dark Nuggets can be used to repair Dark Matter tools - just wait until ~25% durability before doing so ;)
  5. Dark Matter tools have 20x durability of golden items, while being slightly faster. Red Matter tools are 2x faster and have infinite durability.
  6. Use the 'Alchemical Researcher' to unlock quick recipes for items - see 'Alchemical Researcher' in mod description
  7. Knowledge Fragments are a (very) rare drop and can be used to obtain random EE blueprints - see 'Knowledge Fragments' in mod description
  8. Use Philosopher's Stone as your main EMC storage device - it's really useful for quick access to Gold and thus for quick recipes for items
  9. Seeds are the only food-related item that can be exchanged - refer to the Science Machine if you want to know if the item is exchangeable or not.
  10. Make your base relatively close to Savanna (Beefalo, Rabbits) / Spider Nests / Pig Houses, as (Monster) Meat is a very good EMC energy source.
Edited by DevilXD

DevilXD Please see pm also here a list of SW items with EMC values

I set the values  based on my personal experiences & used your old unbalanced EMC values as a guide
See http://dontstarve.wikia.com for more info about these items

--SW
hail_ice = 1/15, -- 4 hail make 1 ice

--SW plants
palmleaf = 1/40,
coconut = 1/10,  --based of pinecones
bamboo = 1/20, --same as reeds
dug_elephantcactus = 1,
dug_coffeebush = 1,
dug_bambootree = 1,
seaweed    = 1/3,
coral_brain = 1/3,
vine = 1/4,

--sw materials
seashell = 1/20,
sand = 1/40,
coral = 1/9,
obsidian = 2, --SW version of thulecite

--SW live mobs
crab = 1/2, --SW version of rabits
lobster = 1/2,
Toucan = 1/2, --SW version of crow
parrot = 1/2, --SW version of robin
seagull = 1/2,  --SW version of snow robin
parrot_pirate = 1, --Rare only one in entire world special robin
mosquito_poison = 1/4,  --SW version of misqutio
bioluminescence    = 1,  --SW version of fireflies
jellyfish = 1,
doydoy    = 5, --see http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Doydoy
doydoyteen = 2.5,
doydoybaby = 1.25,

--SW mobitems
blubber = 1,    --drop from whale they dorp 4 of them http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/whale
snakeskin = 1/2, --drop from snake http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/snake
snakeoil = 2, --rare drop from snake http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/snake
doydoyfeather = 1/2, --drop from doydoy http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Doydoy
dead_swordfish = 1/2,
venomgland = 1/6, --drop from snake http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/snake
ox_horn = 1/3, --drop from SW version of beefalo http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Water_Beefalo
shark_fin = 1/3, --drop from SW version of hounds http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Sea_Hound
dragoonheart = 1/3, --drop form new mob dragoons http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/dragoon
mysterymeat = 1/20, --drop from SW Tiger Shark Giant http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Bile-Covered_Slop

--SW food
mussel = 1/2,
mussel_cooked = 1/2,
limpets = 1/2,
limpets_cooked = 1/2,
tropical_fish = 1/2,
fish_raw_small = 1/2,
fish_raw_small_cooked = 1/2,
coffeebeans = 1/2,
coffeebeans_cooked = 1/2,
fish_raw = 1,
fish_med_cooked = 1,
jellyfish_dead = 1,
jellyfish_cooked = 1,
Dried_Jellyfish = 1,
doydoyegg = 5,
doydoyegg_coocked = 5,
coconut_halved = 1/20,
coconut_cooked = 1/20,
sweet_potato = 1/2,
sweet_potato_cooked = 1/2,
fish_med = 1,
lobster_dead = 1/2,
lobster_dead_cooked = 1/2,
tunacan = 1,

--SW Weapons
peg_leg = 4,
blowdart_flup = 1,
harpoon = 6,
trident = 8,
needlespear = 1,

--SW Giants items
shark_gills = 20,
tigereye = 20*10,
magic_seal = 20,
turbine_blades  = 20*10

Edited by wooby6

The mod is now officially compatible with SW DLC - giant 'thank you' to @wooby6 for helping me out :)

The EMC values for SW items will be added in the next update.

Edited by DevilXD

Hello DevilXD

I find your mod to be the best, it allows renewable resources without breaking the game, is balanced, has got a good concept, and is now SW compatible!!! Its my ''must have'', I have a question ¿Wich are the items that can't be created with this mod?, I don't need all of them just something like a ''category'', from what I have seen in the post I will give you a little example, ''All Foods'' -except seeds, I really like this, thanks for creating the mod!!! <3

On 1.10.2016 at 8:22 PM, farell said:

Hello DevilXD

I find your mod to be the best, it allows renewable resources without breaking the game, is balanced, has got a good concept, and is now SW compatible!!! Its my ''must have'', I have a question ¿Wich are the items that can't be created with this mod?, I don't need all of them just something like a ''category'', from what I have seen in the post I will give you a little example, ''All Foods'' -except seeds, I really like this, thanks for creating the mod!!! <3

Hi farell, I'm glad that you are enjoying my mod so much :)

You can use the Science Machine to tell which items do have a blueprint and what items don't (more info in the mod description). Blueprintable items can always be exchanged via Exchanging Chest or direct crafting. Other items that already have a blueprint in the game (refined items, things like boards, ropes, electrical doodad, nightmare fuel, etc.) can also be exchanged.

Items that can't be exchanged:

- Foods (seeds are the exception)

- most craftable items (except refined items, walls, turfs, healing items and gunpowder)

- unique items

You can also try putting an item in the Exchanging Chests target slot, (I've added a slot-filter function in v2.9.2) it will refuse to accept any item that can't be exchanged.

I'm currently in the process of adding EMC values to the rest of the SW DLC items and balancing the values of existing ones - there will be an update soon...

Edited by DevilXD

14 hours ago, DevilXD said:

Hi farell, I'm glad that you are enjoying my mod so much :)

You can use the Science Machine to tell which items do have a blueprint and what items don't (more info in the mod description). Blueprintable items can always be exchanged via Exchanging Chest or direct crafting. Other items that already have a blueprint in the game (refined items, things like boards, ropes, electrical doodad, nightmare fuel, etc.) can also be exchanged.

Items that can't be exchanged:

- Foods (seeds are the exception)

- most craftable items (except refined items, walls, turfs, healing items and gunpowder)

- unique items

You can also try putting an item in the Exchanging Chests target slot, (I've added a slot-filter function in v2.9.2) it will refuse to accept any item that can't be exchanged.

I'm currently in the process of adding EMC values to the rest of the SW DLC items and balancing the values of existing ones - there will be an update soon...

Thanks, this is very helpful, I made a farm in the dessert and got exceed of tumbleweeds, roughly 5 gems per day, more than 100 gold per day!!!, thats helping me a lot with my base building, already 2x2 turfs covered with lvl 3 stone walls, Im hound inmune!!!, thanks you again, good luck!!!

On 8.10.2016 at 1:15 AM, farell said:

I made a farm in the dessert and got exceed of tumbleweeds, roughly 5 gems per day, more than 100 gold per day!!!

Yeah, the gems are still balanced in vanilla worlds, but OP in RoG... Gotta do more rebalancing, thank you for your input =P

My mod finally reached 5000+ downloads I was waiting for a while ago ;)

Thank you guys so much for all the support :)

If there's anything my mod is lacking, you want some QoL changes and stuff, just add a comment here and it'll probably find it's way into the mod :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alchemical Researcher blueprints don't spawn in shipwrecked worlds, or while shipwrecked compatibility is enabled in RoG worlds. Everything else seems to work as intended, and the blueprints still spawn in a RoG world without shipwrecked compatibility. No other mods enabled, freshly downloaded this mod less than 2 hours ago, tested in a brand new world (Used cheats to spawn the alchemical researcher immediately after spawning). Console shows the error message "Can't find prefab X_blueprint", where X is whichever item you're trying to prototype. Does the same thing for all items.
bugreport.thumb.png.32b95d2cb48dd726af56d7d643d01019.png"

@KuzashiX I don't really plan on supporting this mod anymore, if anyone wants to pick this project up and continue with it, they're more than welcome to do so.

I have had no trouble with the recipes in a SW compatable RoG world.  What other mods are you using, if any?

Slightly related to DevilXD's post, I've been going though and fixing typos in the descriptions and missing EMC entries for SW.  If I can figure out what's causing my memory leak I'll post it later.

Edited by Aleva13