About This File
Equivalent Exchange v2
Redesigned version of the original Equivalent Exchange mod. This mod allows you to convert different items into each other.
Every item in game has an EMC value, a hidden "matter" energy, which can be converted to other items using an Alchemy and Exchanging Chests.
Changed Science Machine:
You can "give" items to a Science Machine to see, how much EMC is the item worth. Doing that will not consume the item. The machine outputs two values (248/300 EMC for ex.) - the first one is the EMC value you could get if you exchanged that stack of items right now. This value is affected by stack size, durability, freshness, internal EMC buffer etc. The second value is the actual EMC value of the item, not taking stack size or durability, etc. into account.
Changed Alchemy Engine:
You can give items to an Alchemy Engine, and they will be converted into EMC energy items (Golden nuggets, Dark Matter, etc.)
Because putting single items into the Alchemy Engine gets old and tedious pretty quick, there is an Alchemical Chest, which converts items placed in its inventory into Golden Nuggets.
An upgraded version of Alchemical Chest, the Exchanging Chest is able to convert the items in it's inventory into target item. Target item must be placed in the upper, target slot and enough EMC energy in form of other items needs to be provided.
Alchemical Researcher will create blueprints of given items. Put the item you want the blueprint of in the upper slot, put 3 golden nuggets in the bottom (cost) slot, close the inventory and wait for the blueprint !
You can get a random blueprint when researching Knowledge Fragments - you can find more info under the 'Knowledge Fragment' spoiler.
You can upgrade Alchemical and Exchanging Chests by putting one Gold/Dark Nugget in each slot of the chest, and reopening it. Gold/Dark Nuggets will be consumed in the process...
Alchemy Chest is upgradeable with Gold Nuggets.
Exchanging Chest is upgradeable with Dark Nuggets.
After upgrading, chests will be exchanging items faster and, instead of dropping gold/items on the ground, they will store them directly in its own inventory.
Philosopher's Stone can exchange EMC energy on-the-go. It also can be used as EMC energy storage unit. Simply place EMC energy storage item (such as Golden Nugget, Dark Matter, etc.) in it, close it and energy will be exchanged, sorted and stored. It can also exchange non-EMC energy storage item (any other item), but this process is MUCH slower than the first one. It's mainly used as a EMC storage for travel. Also, caring Philosopher's Stone in inventory causes killed creatures to drop "Energy Orbs". They have 50% chance of doing this.
Knowledge Fragment, is an item, that can drop from almost any creature (including rabbits and birds). You can put it in Alchemical Researcher, and get a random blueprint out of it. There is a 75% chance, that it will be an EE blueprint. This allows you to for ex. make silk in spider-less worlds. If you research all EE recipes, you can use it to get any other blueprint in game. Like all other items, it contains some EMC energy inside, but it cannot be exchanged - killing creatures is the only way to get it.
Keep in mind, that this is a pretty rare item - creatures like rabbits and birds have a 0.1% (0.001 or 1/1000) chance of dropping it, so it beats 'Krampus Sack' (which has 1% (0.01 or 1/100) chance of dropping from Krampus). Chances of dropping Knowledge Fragment increases with creature difficulty.
A very powerful (and expensive) sword, that can catch lightnings from the sky:
- Infinite durability
- Discharged does 50 damage
- Charged - based on percentage usage - up to 150 damage
- Super Charged - 150 damage, and ability to kill ANY creature with single lightning burst
Energy Bearing Item Tiers:
- Energy Orb - 1/40 Golden Nugget
- Golden Nugget
- Dark Matter - 20 Golden Nuggets
- Red Matter - 20 Dark Matters
- Miniature Black Hole - 20 Red Matters
Mod is crashing/not working, what I should do ?
If EE is crashing/not working/automatically disables itself etc., try these steps:
- Check if your mod is up to date - the issue you are experiencing may be fixed in latest update
- You can have an older version of the game - try changing the "api_version" value to 5 or 4 and trying again. "api_version" value can be found in 'modinfo.lua' file inside 'EE' folder. You can open that file with any text editor (ex. notepad)
- If you do the steps above and it's still not working/crashes etc., leave a comment below. It will be appreciated to post your log.txt and/or screen from crash along with, it really helps resolving the problem.
- Mod is compatible with older versions of the game
- Mod is compatible with RoG DLC
- versions 2.9.0+ should be compatible with SW DLC, if it's not, just let me know
- Mod is compatible with other mods (in most cases)
- Mod supports custom items (mod items) EMC values
Changing EMC values:
If you find that EMC values are to high/low, you can change EMC values modifier in "EE/tuning.lua"
If you have mod that has items that don't have EMC values, let me know and I will add it to the list
Mod is fully compatible with "RoG" and "SW" DLC !
Any bug report will be appreciated, if you find any, please leave a comment below !
What's New in Version v2.9.4 See changelog
- - fixed a crash in SW related to crafting from the EE drops tab
- - fixed a crash with trying to perform arithmetic on a '?' value
- - fixed the Philosopher's Stone eating items from the main inventory
- - fixed a duplication glitch with mandrakes
- - Science Machine now gives more / better informations about the EMC value
- - more balancing of the EMC values
- - added a first batch of EMC values for SW items - mostly common items and some of the boss drops; these values are likely to change;more coming soon
- Plans for the future updates:
- - add EMC values to all SW DLC items
- - add 'Red Matter Star' - an universal tool (pickaxe-axe-shovel in one)
- - updated all components and postinits - the mod no longer randomly crashes when SW DLC is enabled
- - rebalanced the EMC values drop chances to better reflect SW changes
- - Knowledge Fragments are now ~2-4 times more likely to drop, but their EMC value has been halved
- - rebalanced the mod recipes - Red Matter tools are cheaper now
- - alive animals are now worth constant amount of EMC (it was previously affected by how hungry the animal was)
- - making blueprints with the Alchemical Researcher is cheaper now (3 gold instead of 5)
- - made compatible with the Shipwrecked DLC (thanks to wooby6, if you encounter any problems, just let me know in the comments)
- - Added item-slot-filter function to the Exchanging Chest - the target item slot will now refuse to accept items that can't be exchanged (that's a nice QoL change)
- - rebalanced the EMC values (previous ones were based on my 1000+ days Vanilla playthrough, now they reflect the RoG changes too)
- - the mod is missing SW DLC raw item EMC values, but they will be added soon™...
- - balanced the Knowledge Fragment drop chances
- - fixed a crash with lootdropper component
- - slightly nerfed the ghost KF drop chance
- - this is the last RoG stable release - if you're experiencing crashes, grab this version